Friday, March 6, 2009

Way past time for an update!

Sorry it's been so long! There's been so much going on, I wanted to wait until it all settled down, lol. First things first, I switched Doctors. Let me tell you why:
I went in for an appointment on Feb. 27. Not a prenatal appt, but a colposcopy, cause my pap smear had come back weird (but it was just because I'd had a yeast infection when they did it, so that's fine). When I got there they asked me how I'd been feeling and I told them I'd been having really bad cramps and some sharp shooting pains. I wasn't even spotting or anything and the nurse starts talking about miscarriages and what I should do, blah, blah, blah and basically freaking the crap out of me. She sent me to the hospital to get my hcg levels checked. So that Friday my level was 84,293, then I went back on Sunday and my level was 90,182. They told me that my levels hadn't gone up as much as they would have liked so they were going to schedule me for an ultrasound the next day, so this past Monday, March 2. The hospital was supposed to call me Monday morning to let me know what time my appointment was. So monday morning rolls around and I'm still freaking out and the phone never rings. Finally I called the hospital myself to see whats going on and they didn't have me scheduled at all!! The nurse at familycare had never sent in orders for my ultrasound!! I called the clinic and ended up talking to 3 different nurses, all who had no idea what was going on. Finally they said they would find the midwife and call me back. They never called back!

Later that day I was getting ready to leave for Ohio to go to my training class, I stopped by the Liquor Company to see Matt before I left and Dr. Winkler was there. He is the husband of Matt's boss and an Ob/GYN. We talked to him for awhile and I told him what had been going on with the clinic. He told me not to go back there and to come see him instead and gave us the number for his office. Yay!! I have a doctor who actually cares about me and knows me as a real person!!

No comments: