Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pictures

It's been awhile since I've posted any pictures so I thought I'd throw in some random ones that were taken recently.

This one of Matt and I was taken a few weeks ago, before I knew I was pregnant, so at least 3 weeks ago, maybe longer. I'm not even sure where we are at, but I think it's Outback. I don't know why it's so out of focus either, lol.

This our positive pregnancy test! I actually took about 5, but this is the only one I took pictures of, hahaha! The first one I took was one I had at home and the line on it was so faint I wasn't even sure it was there so I ran out of the house and drove up to Wal*Mart to get some more and bought First Response and took it again and there it was! A definite line. I wasn't sure what to do! I kept pacing around the house and going back in to look at it to make sure it was really there, hahaha! Matt was still at work for another hour and I didn't want to call him while he was there so I had to wait an agonizing hour and a half to tell him. I put it in a plastic bag and wrote Hello Daddy! on it and hung it on the front door so he'd be sure to see it. Except he didn't see it. He opened the front door and I was standing there watching him and he's like, "what?" and I said, "Look at the door!" So he did and he looks at it for a second and says, "is this for real?" I laughed and said, "I can't fake that honey!" Poor thing, he'd been thinking about pa-pa all day and wasn't really prepared for the switching of emotion.

This is the first picture we took, the monday right after we found out so I'm 4 and 1/2 weeks in this picture. Not much going on here! We thought it would be fun to take a picture every week so we can really see the change.


This was the next monday, so 5 and 1/2 weeks. just a little pudge, lol.

Almost 7 weeks here, halfway through the first trimester! We just took this yesterday. I still think it's mostly just bloating and pudge, but it is to the point now where I can't suck it back in, hahaha! Sorry that I'm in my sweatpants and looking all fabulous in these pictures, lol.
I don't think I mentioned this before, but I don't work at Delia's anymore! YAY! It was kind of a quick thing when it happened. I had given my boss my 2 weeks notice because I decided that the frustration and headache of all of it wasn't worth it. After we heard about pa-pa I put in a request for time off so we could go to Cincinnati. She said that since I had already given notice that she couldn't give me any time off. I told her that I was going with my husband to the funeral no matter what, she told me that if I wasn't going to be at work that I might as well turn in my keys, so I said no problem and had Matt take my keys up to her a few days later.
Anyways, I am starting a new job tomorrow! I am going to be a teller at Chase bank. They offer full benefits to anyone who works over 20 hours a week. My position will be part-time, but I'm guaranteed at least 25 hours a week so we'll get full benefits! It's a much less stressful position, not as much time on my feet, no heavy lifting or climbing up ladders so I think it'll be better for me and the baby. And if we need a little extra money I can always pick up a shift at Outback.
I haven't been working for the past week or so while I've been waiting for my background check to clear for this job (it was extensive, holy crap.) I had to get fingerprinted and drug-tested and all kinds of fun stuff. So I've just been laying around, resting and researching anything that remotely has to do with pregnancy or babies, lol. Matt must be getting tired of me laying on the couch all day, but I'm so tired and generally just icky feeling most of the time so I don't feel like doing anything. I do think that it will be good for me to be getting out of the house with this job though. I just know I'm going to be even more exhausted.
For Valentine's Day Matt got off work around 4pm, then came to get me and we went to try to find a place to eat, thinking that since it was so early it wouldn't be that hard. Not! Every place was already on at least an hour and a half wait. A lot of places had a 2 hour wait. That wouldn't have been an issue before because we would have just waited at the bar, had a couple of drinks and it was no big deal. Except now that I'm pregnant, obviously I can't drink, but when I'm hungry, I'm HUNGRY and I want food Now! lol! Matt hadn't eaten all day either in anticipation so we finally just ended up at Subway :) it was yummy! We rented a couple movies from Blockbuster and headed home to just spend time together. It was a nice mellow weekend.

6 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

How fun! You are so good to take pictures of your belly. I always said I was going to, but I never did! Keep it up, it is so fun to see. I am so excited for you!!!

The Christensens said...

yah for pictures!! you can't even tell!! I am so excited that you have a new job!!! Keep up with the pics. you look great!!!

Carlson Clan said...

Cute pictures. I'm glad you quit your job. It sounded too stressful. Congrats on the new job. Hopefully it will go well for you. I hope you're feeling okay! Before you know it you'll be feeling the baby move! Oh, and to answer your question, we find out in exactly 10 days what we're having. Yea!

bridgetrussell said...

I am so excited for you. That cracks me up that you took 5 tests. It is so cool to see the progression of your pregnancy with the pictures week by week. Congrats!

alisekelley said...

Heidi you look so good! Keep posting those pictures. That is great that you get benefits with this new job! Take care of yourself!

Tim and Amber said...

keep taking pictures! I didn't really take any until like the last month, and i'm sad about that. thanks for your prayers! we will find out the results of all the tests on the 23rd of this month, so i will keep you posted! :) have you felt the baby move yet? I first felt Jackson at about 11 weeks, but i really wasn't sure it was him until it just never stopped. it's a great feeling! :)