Thursday, March 19, 2009

Finally

Finally, a good doctor's appointment! Dr. Winkler is sooo much better than the idiot midwives at the clinic. He actually talked to me like a person and listened to my questions. It was probably the best experience I've had with a doctor, ever. The appointment was pretty standard. He just talked to me about what to expect over the next few weeks and answered the few questions that I had. Then he got out the doppler to find the baby's heartbeat. He told me not to freak out if he couldn't find it since I'm not that far along yet. Usually he said it's not as reliable until after at least 12 weeks. So it took him a few minutes but he found it!! yay!! It sounded like a faint tiny little horse galloping away. He also made me feel better when he said that once the heartbeat is strong enough to be heard with the doppler the chance of miscarriage goes down to about 1 in 500. I go back on April 17th and I'll be 15 weeks at that point then around May 19th when I'm 19 weeks we'll find out the sex of the baby!! Woo hoo! So much to look forward to!

5 comments:

Tim and Amber said...

It's so nice to find a doctor that you actually like. Ya for hearing the hearbeat! I cried when I first heard Jackson's. Being pregnant is so amazing! :)

alisekelley said...

Hooray it is so nice to have a doctor that listens! THat is great that you heard the heartbeat! I didn't hear Kaylee's until she was thirteen weeks!Are you still pretty sick?

The Christensens said...

So glad that you found a great doctor!!! Can't wait to find out what you are having!!!! Is it girl...is it a boy? HMMMMM!!!

Carlson Clan said...

That's great! I hope everything goes well for you. I remember it felt like forever until I found out what we're having but then when you look back on it, it doesn't seem that long at all!

Unknown said...

A great Dr. makes all the difference. Mine is amazing, too. Isn't hearing the heartbeat the best sound in the whole world?! I love it every time! I'm so excited for you. When do I get to see more belly pictures?