Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yay for family!

This has been a fun weekend! My brother Nathan, his wife Kristy and their 2 boys Josef and Kristopher came and visited us for a couple hours! It was so great to see them! Nathan is being deployed to Afghanistan on April 21st, so they got a couple weeks of leave and decided to basically tour the US visiting all their family. I say touring the US because they are driving from North Carolina to Idaho, which is a good 2 and 1/2 to 3 day trip all by itself depending on how often and how long you stop. Then back through Arizona and Texas, so basically they are driving the entire country. They have been living in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, which is only about 6 hours from us. They started their trip yesterday morning and drove to Charleston to see us for a couple of hours. I made spaghetti and garlic bread for everyone so they could have a nice lunch before they got back on the road. They got to help me finish off the funfetti cupcakes I made the other day too! The boys had a great time running around outside after being in the car for 6 hours. I wish I'd taken more pictures while they were here! I did get this one though:







Kristopher is the little one in the overalls on Matt's lap, he is 2 and 1/2. I'm not sure what he was doing with his hands, lol! Josef is on my lap, he is almost 5, and serisouly cheesing it up for the camera. They are too cute! When Kristy told them to say cheese for the camera, they both yelled out, "CHEESE!!" and scrunched up their faces like that! SO cute! I can't wait till we have our own little cheesers running around :) They are going to stop by again on their way back so I'll take more pictures then.

Then today Matt's buddy Scott, he was one of the best men at our wedding, dropped by for a minute. He lives and goes to school in Kentucky, just about 2 hours from here. He had gone down to Virginia to visit his girlfriend this weekend and was on his way back through West Virginia to Kentucky he stopped by to say hi. He actually missed seeing Matt by only 5 minutes because Matt had already gone to work. So I got to see Scott for a little bit and he got to pick up some things that Matt had gotten for him from the liquor store. Matt comes home with free stuff all the time, like drink glasses, keychains, t-shirts, coasters and various other items that he loves to give away to his friends and family. Yay for family and good friends!

3 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

I agree yay for family! I love the picture of you and your nephews! It couldn't be any cuter! I am glad you had a great weekend visiting family and a friend!

alisekelley said...

Wow what a trip that is going to be! That is great that you got to see your family! Love the pictures!

The Christensens said...

Your nephews are super cute! Family is great!!!