Friday, October 2, 2009

Week 39



Still Pregnant! And I tell you what, he's really enjoying himself in there. I told Matt the other day that if little man acts the same out here as he does in my belly than we are screwed because he never seems to sleep!! I swear he is always squirming and doing his best to stretch me a little more. I just keep telling him that if he wants more room he's gonna have to come out! I do love watching my belly stretch and contort into strange shapes. It makes me laugh! He's definitely out of room.

My PUPPPs rash has started to spread to my legs and is about to drive me crazy. I'm doing my best not to scratch because that just makes it worse. I feel like I have chicken pox or something, lol! Thank goodness for Benadryl or I would not be sleeping at all. I didn't take any last night and slept maybe 3 hours. Luckily today was my last day at work!! I'm officially on Maternity Leave so baby needs to hurry up and come out!!!


I had my weekly appointment this morning. There is a little bit of progress! I'm still fingertip dilated, but instead of being 40% effaced I'm up to about 60% and baby's head dropped from a -2 station down to between 0 and -1. So Doc got pretty excited about that! From the way he'd been talking I thought for sure he'd want to set an induction date for this week, but he was really excited about my progress. Apparently it's harder to efface than it is to dilate and effacement is more a measure of whether or not my body is ready than dilation is. So he said we'd go ahead and set my appointment for next week and that hopefully I wouldn't make it. If I am still pregnant at that appointment than most likely he'll induce me that next monday.


I love these cartoons :)



Update on my mom:

I got to talk to her!! I cried a little bit, I'm not going to lie. I haven't talked to her in over a month! The last time I talked to her was the day after her surgery on August 21. She's a little soft spoken and its harder for her to talk now for a long time. Considering how long she had tubes in her throat and was sedated it's not surprising. She's in the rehab part of the hospital now and is working on getting muscle strength back so she can walk and do more things on her own. She'll probably be there at least a couple of weeks. But she's getting better! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!


I asked Matt if there was anything he wanted me to put in here for him and all he said was "It's almost baby time!" So I guess that sums it up!! haha!

1 comment:

Perry said...

Well that's good news than. I know what you mean, I hope he comes soon. I thought he would have come by now for sure. But I keep telling my baby to come out to have more room too. His daddy keeps trying to get me to do things to induce labor but I'm not really believing spicy food will do much of anything.