Friday, October 9, 2009

Sleep? what's that?

After taking my benadryl and smearing my body with benadryl cream, I fell asleep around 1am. After tossing and turning, waking up several times with either a braxton hicks contraction or itching some part of my body, I woke up at 4am and could not go back to sleep. This has become the norm over the last several days or so. My doctor's appointment is at 8:30am. I'm going to tell him how miserable I am and show him how the stupid rash has spread all over my legs and arms now. I know he probably won't induce me today. It's friday and he wants to have his weekend so I'm sure he'll just tell me to suck it up a couple more days and induce on Monday. I am going to tell him that if he doesn't induce me today that I WILL go into labor tomorrow night just to mess with his weekend.

If it weren't for the PUPPPs I would be fine with waiting even another week if I had to, but I just can't take this anymore!!! I'm really going to go insane..... I can't remember the last time I slept longer than an hour and a half without waking up. I know, I know, the baby is not going to let me sleep much longer than that anyways. But at least then it won't be because of my own discomfort and I'll finally have my son! Anyways.....that's my little middle of the night rant. Hoping for some good news later!

1 comment:

The Pascoe Family said...

Thats crap! You should be induced today, who cares if its the weekend.
Maybe this makes me a bad mom, but I never have & NEVER will go past 40 weeks being pregnant. No one ever should.

I would take baby sleep over pregnant sleep any day. Yes, you have to wake every couple hours to feed them, but at least when you are sleeping your comfortable and actually sleeping. So there is some light at the end of this tunnel.

Sorry Heidi, I wish the best of luck over the next couple days.