Friday, September 25, 2009

38 weeks.

38 weeks.

Not much going on. Had my doctors appt today. Still fingertip dilated, 50% effaced and -2 station. It's so frustrating to hear that nothing is changing particularly since he was so worried a couple of weeks ago that I was going to deliver early. Oh yea, and I have PUPPPs. Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plagues of Pregnancy. Basically it's a nasty rash that starts on the belly and can spread to the rest of your body. It itches like you wouldn't frickin believe and there's basically nothing you can do about it except deliver the baby. So I've been taking benadryl to sleep at night, which is no longer working, and using a hydrocortizone cream on it which works ok I guess, but only as long as there is nothing touching my skin. The second I pull my shirt down or something touches me I start itching again. So between that and the carpal tunnel and generally being a whale, you can imagine I'm not sleeping much. I could go on and on but I'm tired of complaining and I know everyone is tired of hearing it. It's not even that I'm tired of being pregnant (although I am) I'm just sooo ready to have my baby! I want him here more than anything. Plus once he's out of my belly, Matt can hold him for awhile :0) I've had him for the last 9 months, I figure it's his turn, ha!

Matt played in UC's alumni baseball game last weekend and they kicked butt! The alumni (any of the players can come back and play, there were some guys playing from back in 1990) won the game 21-15. He pitched the last inning and kept the students from scoring. My man won the game! woo!

Mom's doing better. She is starting to talk a little bit and eating a bit more as well. She shouldn't be in the ICU much longer. So things are going well there. Hopefully she'll continue to make progress quickly and be home soon.

That's all for now!

4 comments:

The Christensens said...

Oh Heidi- so sorry. Keep complaining if it makes you feel better to get your feelings out. I don't mind. Can't wait to see little Victor myself! Hang in there and praying for you! Glad your mom is doing well!!! Love you!

Carlson Clan said...

Oh I feel your pain. When I was pregnant with Weston I got a TERRIBLE rash all over my belly. Except it wasn't PUPS - I got the "I don't know" award from five different doctors. But it itched so bad I just laid on the couch and cried all night so I can relate!! And you'll be thankful for the sleepless nights now once he gets here. I was still sleeping all through the night up until my water broke with Saydi and it was SOOOO much harder!

That Blog your about to see said...

hello beautiful! I'm not tired of you complaining (it's validating that we all feel that way, I thought I was just a wimp) Can't wait to see a pic of your little guy. PS keep your toes painted :)That was my saving grace, I looked horible in my newbaby pics (duh I just had labor!) but my toes where cute!

Tim and Amber said...

that's so good to hear that your mom is doing better! All of us moms know exactly what you're talking about, so we can pretty much all relate to the complaints. Keep it up! Victor will be so lucky to have such an awesome, strong mommy like you!