Friday, October 9, 2009

ok, 40 week appt.

If you read the post below this one you'll see how my night went and how ready I was for this appointment.

Appt starts off normal, I only gained 1 lb since last time hooray! everything else is fine, then I go in to wait. That's always the longest part of course.
Doc walks in and says hi. I also say hello. he says "I'm not even going to ask how you're feeling because I'm pretty sure I know, you're SOBP (Sick Of Being Pregnant)." I laugh and say, "well, it probably wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the damn rash." he then asked if I'd tried the benadryl cream that he had told me to use, I told him that I had and that nothing was really working. I then told him how I haven't been sleeping, for example, last night I fell asleep around 1am, tossed and turned for a couple of hours, woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. I didn't even have to get real worked up about it and he was dead serious, "That's not right, we've got to get you delivered. You've got to get some sleep." So he examined me real quick, still fingertip dilated but now about 80% effaced (yay for SOME progress). Then told me to get dressed but stay put because he'd make a few phone calls and be right back.

A little background here. A few months ago he broke a vertabrae in his back and for the month of July wasn't even seeing patients. I had been referred to his old partner for my appt that month. Apparently he has recently reinjured his back, either the same injury or a new one, I'm not for sure. Anyways, he is not currently allowed to deliver babies or exert more than 20lbs of pressure on his back.

So he came back in and told me that because of what was going on with his back he would not be able to deliver my baby, otherwise he'd have sent me to L&D right then. As it is, he had made a few calls and no one he was comfortable with was available to deliver today. So he has a call in to his old partner (the one I saw in July) to see if he's available to do it Sunday/Monday. Right now I'm just waiting to hear from them as to what's going on.

I knew his back was still bothering him, but hadn't realized he was still unable to do deliveries. Now I don't even WANT to go into labor. Cause if I do, I won't even have a doctor!!! So now I'm hoping that this new doc will be available and my little man will hold on until then. I don't even want to know what would happen if I went into labor and who would end up working on me. At least if it's this other doc, I've met him before. So that's what happened and what's going on. I'll update as soon as I get a phone call!


Oh, and for kicks and giggles here are a few photos Matt and I took last night. We figured it would be the last ones we took so we goofed around a bit.


Regular photo :) I probably should have picked a better sweater, but it was the first one I grabbed, haha! I shouldn't be wearing stripes at this point....

This one, Matt caught me in the middle of saying something and he laughed so hard at this one I promised I'd post it. Cute, I know.


My sweater is working WAAAY too hard in this one..... whoa. "Please come out baby!" "Why won't he come out? Doesn't he like us?" lol.

1 comment:

alisekelley said...

I love your pictures. What good memories they will make. Keep us posted on everything. I am totally with you, I wouldn't want some strango doctor delivering my baby. I hope little Victor stays in. Have you every tried Tylenol PM. I used it alot when I couldn't sleep while I was pregnant.