Friday, October 9, 2009

wow.

The doctor he wanted to do the induction is out of town until Monday. At that point he will review my chart to see if he even wants to do the induction. His office doesn't consider me "post dates" until 1 week after my due date, I don't even know if they'll care about the puppps. In the meantime..... if I go into labor, I don't have a doctor to deliver my baby!

You'd think with my due date approaching, he would have had some back up plans in place, not to mention for his other patients as well. I just keep thinking about going into labor and some strange person I've never met, who doesn't know me or my husband, calling the shots about my child's birth.

I want my baby and I want someone I know to deliver him. this is sooo frustrating.....

6 comments:

Mark said...

I'm so sorry Heidi. I don't know if it will make you feel better but I had a doctor I'd never met deliver Weston. I was concerned at first but he was great and honestly I was in so much pain I didn't care. I hope it works out. I'm thinking of you daily!!

Ben and Jessica Buehner said...

Oh my gosh Heidi, I can't even imagine being in your shoes... You have waited sooo long to give birth and now you are having to hold back to wait for a doctor. I would be sooo livid if I were you. But then again, what do you do, right?

Miriam said...

I am so so sorry! I can not imagine the feelings of anxiety you must be feeling right now!! I hoe everything falls together really soon!!

The Boyle's said...

i am really sorry for everything. sounds like your pregnancy has been a little difficult. Hang in there. I promise it will all be worth it.

Kimber Bowen said...

Heidi, that is horrible. I hope you can get some rest and start feeling better. I am so sorry about the doctor dilema. You are always in my thoughts.

Troy and Alice said...

If you do go into labor, will your doc at least be with you even though he can't deliver? But, really, you only need the doc to catch and clamp the umbilical cord as long as everything else goes as planned. Have you met the nurses? They're the ones with you during the labor and the pushing. Good Luck.