Monday, August 29, 2011

Argh, Packing!!

I hate packing. I've been making lists for weeks now of what to take, what goes in each bag, what goes in the carry on, last minute things to pack, things to make sure we do to the house before we leave...etc.. I swear all the stuff you have to bring for kids makes it twice as much. I think Victor is bringing more stuff than Matt and I combined, lol. Most of that is stuff to try and keep him entertained on the planes!

Yes. PlaneSSSS. We have a 1 hour flight to Atlanta, then a 4HOUR flight to Salt Lake City, then another 45min-1hour flight into Idaho Falls. The little ones I'm not worried about at all. I know he'll get to run around the airport some between flights too. It's the 4 hour one that makes me sweat a little. He doesn't even do well during the 4 hour drive to Cincinnati. Actually he did ok the last time, but we stopped every hour to let him out and run around. We have crayons and paper and a few toys and snacks and the DVD player of course... I'm hoping if the seat belt sign is off some he can maybe run up and down the aisles a bit.... as long as he's not obstructive of course. I just keep telling myself that it's only 4 hours and worse case scenario he screams the whole time... it'll be over eventually, right? We get in about 12:30 local ID time, so that should be perfect for him to get there and pass out for a nice long nap. Because you know my child, who won't even sleep in the car, will NOT be sleeping at any point during this trip. Hopefully we will have a minimum of melt downs!!

Everyone wish us luck!! And I'm hoping to visit with people so let me know if you want a visit!! I shouldn't even be typing right now! I have to finish PACKING!!!!

2 comments:

The Carters said...

Oh, good luck. We took Macy to California when she was about 18 months and I was a wreck for weeks just thinking about it. She did okay though. Just pack lots of snacks and new toys. :) I'm sure Victor will do great! Have a fun trip.

Tiffany said...

We've done a lot of flying with Paityn over the past two years. I think back to when she was 4 months old, and we flew for the first time, and I was sure it would be just awful! That was cake compared to flying with a toddler!
I hope you have a good trip. Just remember, it's eventually all over and you will never see those people ever again. :) (I wrote a blog post on this topic with a ton of ideas, but I think it's too late for me to share with you...)
Have a safe trip!