Monday, August 8, 2011

Haircut

We have never given Victor a real haircut. Unless you count the 2 or 3 times that I've chased him around the house with a pair of scissors trying to cut off his little rat tail. His hair was so long it was getting knotted when he was sleeping and was starting to curl a bit when it got wet. I was driving me CRAZY! We talked about cutting his hair all the time, but anytime we got near him with scissors or the clippers he would flip out.

Every time Matt cut his hair, we would have Victor watch and let him hold the clippers if he wanted, while on or off. and still, freak outs. Finally, we decided that it was just time and we needed to do it.

Matt ended up holding him down cause I couldn't hold him tight enough (that's how much he was fighting us!) and I used the clippers. We did go back and forth a little though. I think it was just the noise from the clippers that was scaring him the most. But as soon as it was over he was fine and dandy! He got in the bath tub and had a nice bubble bath and then he got a couple of graham crackers while he got to watch his favorite cartoon.

Finished product! I didn't take a before pic, but you can kind of see in some of his other pics how long his hair was. We took off about 2 inches! It looks soooooo much better!!!

2 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

He is such an adorable boy Heidi! I'm always a fan of shorter hair on boys so I definitely love it. And I totally know how difficult it is to cut their hair! I've been cutting Weston's since he was 5 months old and he still hates it every time. Happy hair cutting!

sarahbais said...

I can't believe how BIG he's gotten!! I miss you guys so much...too bad we didn't get together the other day!!

I'd really like to see you guys soon!! Let me know if you're ever up around our way!