Saturday, August 13, 2011

Babies

Every Thursday and Friday I babysit for a friend and watch their little girl, Ellie. Usually when she goes down to take her nap she takes a little pink teddy bear with her. Well, after seeing Ellie with it for a while, Victor decided he liked it too. After my ultrasound 3 weeks ago I'd been talking with him about the baby in my belly and showing him the pictures and explaining where the baby was. He decided that the teddy bear was his baby.

Then at Christina's house (my next door neighbor who is totally fabulous) Victor and her boys, Andrew and Bryce, were playing with their dolls. She also has a daughter who is 7 so there were several dolls and stroller and things, and these boys were just having a blast!


So, back at home, he'd been carrying around the bear and helping it go "ni-ni" (night night) and it was really just the cutest freaking thing.

Then this week Ellie brings an actual baby doll with her... and Victor just goes crazy, he LOVES that thing! He played with it way more than Ellie did, it's a good thing she was more than happy to play with the teddy bears because I'm not sure I could have pried that thing out of his hands.

We went to Wal*Mart last night to get a couple things, nothing major, mostly I just needed stamps and wanted to get out of the house. I told Matt I wanted to get Victor a baby and Matt just groaned and (totally joking) says "No, no dolls in the house, ever!" I laugh and ask him what he's going to do if we have a girl who is super into dolls and he just sighed and said he guessed he'd allow it. LOL. I'm fairly determined that Victor is going to get a baby, maybe not that night, but sometime soon. We walked down the toy aisle and there was this bin of little $4 dolls. I picked one up and showed it to Victor. It was a
ll over. He snatched it out of my hands and cries, "BABY!!!" and squeezed it so tight... There was no way I was putting it back. Matt sees it and says "oh great." then he laughs and comments how cute it was especially when Victor was upset cause he couldn't get the baby's hat back on. I just told him that Victor is practicing to be a good daddy (or mommy I guess, should he decide to go that route.. LOL) and that he's learning from the best <3

All night last night he was not far from his baby and even took it to bed with him. This is how he fell asleep
I just LOVE to watch him with the baby and to see him play with Ellie or any kids really... It just makes me that much more anxious for him to have a sibling cause I know what a good big brother he is going to be!!



1 comment:

Amanda said...

We are all for "babies" and think it is a GREAT way to help develop future nurturers, even LITTLE BOYS (Matt, I hope you read this!) need to learn how to love and care for something in this world other than them and a "baby" is the perfect way to start it! Oh and those pics are flipping adorable!!!