Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Boy or Girl?

It's one of those questions people love to ask.. "Do you want a boy or girl this time?" And sometimes I want to say "Oh gosh, I better get another boy or I'm sending it back!" But seriously, I think about this a lot. Probably more than I should considering the fact that I have no choice in the matter. I mean, chances are pretty good it's going to be a boy or a girl, ha.

I want a Boy because:
1. Victor will have a brother that is close in age. I am afraid it will be harder for them to bond if they are farther apart.

2. We wouldn't have to buy anything! Well, except for a few baby things we want that we didn't have last time, but no clothes! we've got that stuff covered!

3, I ADORE watching Victor play with other little boys and I just can't wait for him to be a big brother... (I suppose this one is going to apply to both...)

I want a Girl because:
1. I want a daughter. I want to teach her how to be a woman and a mommy and be the Mother of the Bride someday...

2. I babysit a little girl 2 days a week and Victor LOVES her! He actually seems to play better with little girls than boys (probably because of this) and I just know he would ADORE a little sister.

3. There is SO MUCH cute stuff!! I am dying to buy little girly stuff! Plus it would be the first grand daughter on BOTH sides of our family so it would be a little extra special just because of that.


*sigh* I keep telling Matt I wish we were having twins so I could have one of each!

Either way, this baby is going to be (and already IS!) so incredibly loved... I just can't wait to meet him or her. Please know that we are going to be THRILLED with whichever gender we are blessed with. Of course this won't be our last one so there's always room for more!!! Yes, that's right, I'm 12 weeks pregnant with number 2 and already thinking about the next one. I'm sure Matt is thrilled right now, HA!

3 comments:

Tim and Amber said...

I love having both a boy and a girl, so I hope you are having a girl! :) but really a boy will be awesome too! :)

Tiffany said...

I'm so excited for you! The funny thing about wishing and wondering about gender is as soon as you meet him or her, you can't imagine ever having wanted the other!

James and Danielle said...

Love this!!! No worries...I am planning on trying for number 4 soon!!! People think I am crazy, but I don't care!!! U do whatever you want!!!