Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hello all! 30 weeks down and just 10 left to go. I'm done. Seriously, I'm done. I'm so freaking uncomfortable I don't even want to think about how I'm going to feel in 2 months right before I actually give birth. The comments are getting really old too. It was kind of fun at first, because it made me feel better that I actually looked prenant and not just fat. But now every time I go out anywhere I get a ton of comments on how big I am and that I "must be having twins!" It honestly makes me wish I could just stay at home and not see anyone until I'm back to starting weight. I know all the aches, pains, stretch marks (yes I found stretch marks on my belly last week, I cried) and everything is worth it...... but man, I'm over it.







Belly Shots! I feel like an overinflated balloon about to be popped and I know I still have some serious stretching to do.

I took my one hour sugar test last week, and failed it by just a few points so I had to take the 3 hour test. For those who don't know what that is: You are not allowed to eat anything after midnight the night before and when you get to the office they take your blood first thing sothey get your fasting blood sugar level. Then you drink the glucola (aka. nasty drink) the glucola for the one hour isn't that bad, but for the 3 hour it has twice as much sugar in it and is just super nasty. I gagged after every drink I took. 1 hour after you finish it they draw your blood again, then an hour after that, and an hour after that for a total of 4 blood draws. I still have a bruise on my arm from all the poking!! I haven't gotten my test results back yet, but I'm really not worried about it. Hopefully that doesn't jinx me!

We are still waiting on Geico to get all the paperwork finalized so we can get the payoff for my car. We've gone looking at cars a few times, but it's really hard to look when we know we can't buy yet. Hopefully next week we'll be able to seriously look and possibly buy. I can't tell you how aggravating it is trying to get Matt and I both to and from work, my doctors appointments and anywhere else we need to be. Luckily we work about 5 mins from each other so it's quick to get back and forth if we need to switch or something on a lunch break. We can't wait to have 2 cars again!!

Other than that, not much new here. Lil Victor has figured out how to get his foot up underneath my ribs, which you moms out there know how comfortable THAT is. Ha! He's definitely running out of room in there, his movements are no longer just pokes, but rolls and body parts pushing against me. I can see my stomach roll and contort, it's so funny! Feeling him move is my favorite part of being pregnant, everything else I can do without, lol! He got the hiccups for the first (and second) time today. That makes me giggle :)

10 comments:

The Pascoe Family said...

Heidi,
Seriously just enjoy it and don't worry about what other people say.
You look so cute pregnant :)
It makes me miss being pregnant.

Troy and Alice said...

Hang in there! You're almost done :)

Tim and Amber said...

I'm seriously jealous of you! you look beautiful, and it makes me miss being pregnant too! 10 weeks goes by faster than you think. hopefully you pass your glucose test! (I had to do the 3hr one too and fortunately I passed)

Carlson Clan said...

Oh man do I know how you feel! Believe it or not, you'll be grateful for being so uncomfortable and not getting sleep because when the baby comes it won't be as much of an adjustment. When Saydi came I was still sleeping all through the night and it has been MUCH harder then it was with Weston when I was already used to getting no sleep. Good luck with your sugar test results. I hope things are ok for you besides the discomfort!

Carlson Clan said...

Oh man do I know how you feel! Believe it or not, you'll be grateful for being so uncomfortable and not getting sleep because when the baby comes it won't be as much of an adjustment. When Saydi came I was still sleeping all through the night and it has been MUCH harder then it was with Weston when I was already used to getting no sleep. Good luck with your sugar test results. I hope things are ok for you besides the discomfort!

Carlson Clan said...

Sorry! You can thank Weston for my post being on there twice! Can't keep his hands off the computer!

Kimber Bowen said...

Heidi, I can't believe it only 10 more weeks, and everyone is right hang on it does go by fast. You look so amazing too for being 30 weeks pregnant. Good luck with your glucose test, I do remember how horrible that was.

Crissa Rae said...

Heidi,
I know how you feel. Comments: so sick of them. (Although I'm not big, I just kinda get sick of people saying: "Oh when's baby coming"... etc.) Stretch marks: yes. I actually felt mine before I saw them, and was upset about it. (They hurt kinda like an indian burn.) I got one right over a vein... a possible varicose vein. YUCK! I totally have sympathy for you, though, and wish you luck in the last few weeks! I'm now down to 8 days, and seriously can't wait! I'm ready for my "normal" body back, and also ready for our baby girl to be here! Good luck with the sugar test, and with the rest of the pregnancy! You're adorable! :)

alisekelley said...

Don't worry everyone told me I was huge. It was awful. I think you look great!!!

Andrew and Shandee said...

Don't worry, Heidi! I think you look so cute. I am so excited for you.