Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby Shower and a BIG surprise!

My awesome weekend started when I found out Friday morning that the girls I work with are throwing me a baby shower on the 15th of next month. I had no idea they were going to do anything like that, I'm so excited and touched that they want to do that!

Then, after work, I was waiting at home for my sister-in-law to arrive with my 2 nephews. She was coming up to stay the weekend with us so she could come to the baby shower on Saturday. Around 9pm, I finally hear the knock on my door. I open it up and... It's MY MOM!!! My MOM!! Holy crap!! I took a step back and stared at her for a few minutes (I totally thought I was hallucinating) and then hugged her and started crying. I hadn't seen her since our wedding last September, so almost a year ago. Sis-in-law, mom, dad, and Matt had all been lying to me for weeks!! And Matt is NOT a good secret keeper either! I have no idea how he managed to keep this a secret from me for 2 weeks.


So on Saturday, Matt took the boys over to Dave and Kelli's house to play with their 2 boys while us girls went to the baby shower. The shower was sooo much fun! It was so nice to see my friends. Most of them I hadn't seen in at least a month, so it was extra special. Not everyone came that told me they were going to, but I still had a blast with everyone and can't thank them enough for throwing me a shower. Thanks guys!

Me posing at the shower. Yes, we were outside, and yes, it was very hot! But fun. Totally worth the swelling I suffered later as a result, lol!



The freaking awesome cake my sister-in-law made for the shower. So cute!


the blocks that my sis-in-law knit for baby victor. I don't know how well you can see it, but they spell out "Victor Meyers" They are so freaking awesome!

My favorite onsie "Worlds Cutest Alarm Clock"





Opening presents :)
















Super soft blanket that said "Daddy's Champ" it's so cute!





Is it just me or do I look huge? BTW, totally off topic, but 3 people, yes 3, people today asked me when I was going to have my baby and when I told them in October they about fell over. Then proceeded to tell me I'm huge and I'll never make it. Thanks....








Me and my sister-in-law Kristy. She is 20 weeks preggo with her 3rd baby. She finds out on friday if it's a boy or girl, we are so excited!!





So saturday was a ton of fun. Then sunday we just played at home for awhile, everyone napped, we were all exhausted. Then we went and watched Matt's baseball game. The boys thought that was pretty cool! They kept yelling "Go Uncle Matt!!" every time they saw him, whether he was actually playing at the time or not. Matt did score the winning run during the first game though, I'm so proud of my husband! The boys thought that was pretty cool too, they couldn't talk about anything else the next morning, they wanted to watch uncle matt play more baseball. That's Josef (5yo) on Matt's shoulders and Kristofer (2 1/2 yo) cheesin real big in the orange shirt. They loved climbing all over him. and Matt is so good with them, it makes me even more anxious to meet our little guy so I can see them together.




This is Kristopher not wanting his diaper put back on. Haha!! How cute is he?!?!

6 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

That is so great that your mom came! How special. Don't you love people who can't keep their comments about pregnant bellies to themselves? You look great and don't worry...October will be here before you know it!

James and Danielle said...

How wonderful and what a great surprise! What cute nephews you have!! Oh why can't people just keep their thoughts to themselves, especially when it comes to pregnant women? People said things like that to me all the time...whatever you look great!! So happy for you!

Tim and Amber said...

haha, people said things to me like that while pregnant all the time- I actually liked it for a while...I loved being pregers. I think you look great! (I love the dress you wore to your baby shower!)

The Pascoe Family said...

That is a great suprise. Moms are the best :)
Cute cake and love the your pink dress.

Kimber Bowen said...

How fun is that! Your mom came, what an exciting day. You are such an adorable pregnant woman. I am so glad you had a great baby shower.

Anonymous said...

I love your dress its so summery and looks comfy! your cake is also awesome!