Saturday, August 15, 2009

I suppose I should update :)

This just in (literally, Matt just walked in the door from work and told me): Matt got a raise and promoted! FINALLY. He was assistant manager at The Liquor Company and now is Co-Manager. The guy who was the Store Manager is on probabtion and may not even be coming back to work next week so Matt may actually be the Store manager here pretty quick. This promotion has been a long time coming and we are FINALLY able to announce it! This will make it a lot easier to save money up in the next couple of months so my maternity leave can be a bit longer.

On another happy note: My co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower today!! I was told we were going to lunch at Ryan's (a buffet-type restaurant) and when we got there they took me to the back room and there was a table full of gifts and a cake! I, of course, started crying, it was so sweet! I really haven't worked there that long, just since February and I really wasn't expecting anything like that. They are the best co-workers! Now if I can only get my manager to cut my hours.... lol!

All the wonderful ladies that I work with (minus one that wasn't able to make it). The guys I work with all pitched in as well, but they didn't want to come to a baby shower, haha go figure right?

the beautiful winnie the pooh diaper bag they got me. Yes they made me wear the bow on my head :) Ok, ok, I wanted to wear it :)


The bouncy chair!! It's a bouncer that also works as a rocker for a toddler. So cool! I've been wanting a bouncer pretty bad, but it was on the "wish list" not the "need list". so Yay!


Travel packs of baby shampoo, lotion, desitin and a couple of other things. Perfect size for diaper bag!


I kept guessing what the presents were before I opened them and they were getting mad at me, lol!! This one was a 12 pack of diet sunkist (my fav drink right now, besides water of course).


Baby On Board!! Its a sign for the car so other drivers know to be careful with your precious cargo :) I asked them if in the meantime I could just pin it to my shirt, lol! As if the big belly isn't sign enough, right?


It's a baby bathtub! In the shape of a whale!! Also a couple of packs of hooded bathtowels and washcloths. They also got me baby wash, lotion, talcum powder, a bathtub water temperature toy floaty thing and some baby wipes.


Yay for diapers!! I got 2 packs of diapers and a box ( a big box) of refill packs of baby wipes.


The yummy cake they got me! the booties on that are actual booties that you can keep. On the bottom of them are places to record baby's weight, length and the time and name. I thought that was pretty cool.




And here's the 32 week belly pic. 8 weeks to go!! I'm hoping they go by fast, I'm so ready for the little guy to be here. He's been so active lately I wish I could see inside my belly and see what he's doing, hahaa!
We also started our birthing classes last Tuesday on the 4th. We are taking them on Tuesday nights from 630-9 every tuesday night in August. As cliche as it sounds, I'm really enjoying them!! If nothing else, I love that Matt wanted to go with me and by doing this together it makes me feel like he's really going to be there with me and I'm not doing this all by myself. I love knowing he's there to support me every step of the way. We're also taking a breastfeeding course next saturday which I'm really looking forward to. We had a Baby Basics class on Thursday. I was thinking maybe we'd learn some cool tips or something, but no. It was very boring and very, very BASIC. It was in the title, so I guess we should have known. Neither Matt or I learned a thing we didn't already know. I guess if anything, it makes me feel more confident that I know more about babies than I thought I did!
Oh! and I passed my 3 hour glucose test. Yay!
I have another appointment this week and then I start going every 2 weeks. The end is in sight! or perhaps I should say the beginning?

4 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

Congrats on Matt's promotion that is wonderful. Also congrats on passing your gluclose test that is such a relief. That is wonderful that you co workers threw you a party. I can't wait till eight weeks and we get to see this little Victor. You look great.

Mom said...

I'm so happy to hear that Matt finally got his promotion, he deserves it. You look wonderful in all your pictures. Victor will be here soon!!!!

Carlson Clan said...

So cute. You're adorable. I'm so glad Matt got the promotion. Just in time! Good luck with all your classes. I hope they help! If anything it's one test you can't fail!!

The Carters said...

Those bouncy chairs are a lifesaver! I'm so glad you got one! That little baby bathtub might be a lifesaver too. Macy loved hers, so I would always give her baths when she got cranky.