Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another update

I was at the docs office forever it felt like. Really it was about 4 hours. They did a quick ultrasound to check my fluid, then did a Non-Stress Test to make sure Vics heartrate and movements are good. All of which was wonderful. Yay! Then he checked my cervix again to see if the contractions were doing anything and I'm about 1/2cm dilated and still about 60%effaced. So his big concern is that my cervix is so soft already and that combined with the starting of dilation equals not great. So basically I've been put on partial bed rest. He did not use that term however. He said that i was only to be working 3 days a week for UP to 5 hours a day. When I'm not at work that doesn't mean I can run around town running errands and what not, I'm to be resting. He said to let Matt run around and get the groceries and take care of things.

I feel so guilty about work! They've been so great about working with me about everything and I feel like I'm putting them at so much of a disadvantage. But, I did talk to my boss about everything today and he was really nice about it. And I know that keeping little Vic inside for a bit longer takes priority over everything else. So, for now we'll just take things as they come and make the best of it.

My mom, as far as I've heard, is still being sedated for a day or so. They are hoping that since her kidneys are working and producing urine, her body will continue to flush out the extra fluid that has accumulated. Once the swelling goes down, they expect her liver function to go up where it needs to be. So right now it's really just a waiting game. Hopefully things continue to go in the right direction!

2 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

Don't feel guilty about work! You are right that taking care of yourself and the baby are the most important things right now. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's complications. My mom just had that same surgery done a couple months ago and she had a couple complications too but nothing that severe. I'll keep her in my prayers. Good luck with everything!

alisekelley said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on your mom. I am praying for her. Don't worry about work to much. You need to take care of yourself.