Friday, May 8, 2009

18 Weeks

This past week has been a crazy one all right. Starting off with Monday, I worked an 8 hour shift, 9-5, without a lunch break because the branch manager decided to break his own jackass record. Normally the Assistant BM handles everything on our (the teller) side of things, but she was out because she'd had one of her wisdom teeth removed and was in a lot of pain. So our BM decided that none of us could go to lunch until we had all the night drop bags processed. There were 28 bags. And it was Monday which is always busy anyways.

Our Sales and Service Associate (SSA) always keeps a teller drawer out so she can come over and help when we're busy. So she could have come over to help us with the customers and cover lunch breaks and we could have been fine, EXCEPT that he refused to let her come over and help us! So, the first teller didn't go to lunch until 2:30pm. Then the other girl went, (they'd both been there earlier than me) by the time she got back it was 4 o'clock and he told me to get my stuff together and I could leave. I didn't end up leaving until 5, because of some stupid little thing that was really out of our control, so whatever. So basically I worked 8 hours with no lunch. Besides the fact that I'm pregnant, That's illegal!! I told the girls that if it happens again I'm calling HR on him. Not even just for me either. Our state laws here say that you are supposed to get your break within the first 5 hours of your shift and the first girl didn't get hers until 6 hours in. It was really an awful day.

So as you can imagine, work is still crazy because they haven't hired another teller yet so we're all working crazy hours trying to get everything covered. I've been going to bed earlier and earlier cause I've been so tired. But it's good for my paycheck, so that's a definite plus!


Time for the check in! 18 Weeks. 22 left to Go! We can do it! I'm having him check for twins at our ultrasound (12 days) LOL !


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your manager is an ass for treating everyone like that, and if I were one of the other tellers, I would have definitely had you take the first possible break--you're pregnant for crying out loud! Don't over-work yourself. As soon as you feel like you might need to cut your hours, Talk to your boss. It's not worth the risk. Please take care of yourself. I love you

The Carters said...

You are so good at documenting your pregnancy! I wish I would have been more on top of things when I was pregnant with Macy...and remember, you can never take too many pics!
Sorry to hear about your sucky work day! :(

Tim and Amber said...

oh, what a crappy day! so sorry!! I agree with Mickaela though...when you start feeling the need, cut back your hours. it's so worth it and there is much less stress on your body! :)

Kimber Bowen said...

Sorry for your horrible week. I can't believe all that your manager did. You look amazing and I can't wait till you have your ultrasound.

Carlson Clan said...

You look so cute! You're almost half way! That's crazy. Before you know it you'll be holding your little baby. Sorry to hear about such a bad day. =(