Friday, May 8, 2009

More

I was heading out the door to work this morning and didn't get to update on everything I wanted. So here's the rest of it!

Matt took the GRE today. For those of you who don't know, that stands for the Graduate Record Examination, it's the test most people take to get into a grad school. His christmas present this past christmas was me registering him for the test and getting him the study guides. Not very romantic I know, lol, but I knew he would feel bad about the money unless that's how I did it. We aren't currently planning on going to grad school, but when we do get to go back (or he gets to go back, either one) at least now he's taken it. Here's the kicker, he did not study for it. I know he looked at the book once for sure, but other than that I don't know. But he did better than I did and I studied for that test for months!! He got a 520 Verbal (I got a 610) and 620 Quantitative, that's the math and stuff (I got a 490, math has never been my thing). He's really mad because he thinks he could have done a lot better, But I'm so proud of him! I wish he'd studied because I hate to think I bought him the books for nothing, lol, but I'm sure if he wants to take it again he'll have the books to study then, if he wants. Way to go Baby! I'm so proud of you!





I have to tell you guys what happend with my doctors office too! I don't know if you all will remember, but at my last appointment they drew my blood for the AFP test. Then we decided to wait until our insurance kicked in since the girl said the test was going to be about $800. A few hours later when I was at work they called me back and said that they had found out the test was only $160. So we decided that was doable and I went back in the next to have blood drawn again so they could send in the test. I already mentioned that the results came back good, so woo-hoo for that! BUT, we got the bill for the test back from LabCorp last weekend. For $421. The test itself was $397 and then the $24 drawing fee. I was soooo pissed off I was crying. I didn't know if it was a mistake that one of the nurses made (we'd had issues with some misinformation from one of the nurses before) or if LabCorp made the mistake. I called my doc and told him what happened and he promised to find out what happened. His office manager called me back the next morning. Apparently the docs office has access into LabCorps database so they can quote people prices, just like they did for me, and the database quoted $160 for that particular test. Debbie (the office manager) called them and I guess there was a glitch in their system and it hadn't been updated. LabCorp agreed to lower the price and signed the balance over to my doc office so we can just pay them a grand total of $150. I was so happy when she told me that if she'd been standing in front of me I probably would have kissed her!! I'm so glad that the results were good, and now that it's resolved and we don't have to pay a ridiculous amount of money. Wooo-Hoo!





I'm hoping work settles down soon. I'm only supposed to work 25 hours a week, but since we're short-staffed I've been working more hours. I hope they hire someone soon! The hiring process is a long one though, once the person is offered the job and they accept, there is about a 2 week period during which they have to pass a urine test, be fingerprinted and turn in a TON of paperwork. Then, they have to take training classes, the series of internet classes take about a week, then a 3 day training class in Ohio. So, once they actually hire someone, it'll be about a month before they can actually work and take some of the heat off of us. So, pray they find someone SOON!!!





What's with people and making comments about my belly? I guess this week it's become more apparent to people that I'm actually pregnant and not just fat so they feel inclined to say something about it. One of the bankers yesterday (when I was working out in the drive-thru) came over to do a transaction for a customer because they were backed up inside. He walked in and did a double-take and said "Heidi! You're pregnant!" I laughed and said "Oh my gosh, how did that happen?" They've all known I'm pregnant since the beginning so it was just kind of funny the way he blurted that out. Then this morning, a different banker jokes "Heidi, all the tellers have been complaining that you're taking up too much room back behind the teller line." I laughed and said, "I ought to smack you. Be careful! I'm hormonal I could start crying at any moment!" And I've had numerous customers ask me about it as well. Everyone has an opinion about what I'm having, etc, etc. I think it's interesting that some people think I'm carrying high and others say I look low...... I guess it's hard to tell for sure until I'm further along, cause at this point my uterus is still lower. Although, the books all say my uterus should be about an inch or 2 below my belly button at this point and since I have a short torso, my uterus is actually about even with my belly button. So compared to that, I'm carrying high I guess, but there's really nowhere else for the baby to go :) Speaking of belly buttons, I betcha mine pops completely out in a week. It pops out more and more every day!
I did have a very nice comment from one of the regulars today. He's an older man. He noticed the belly and asked how I'd been feeling. Then asked if I'd been gaining any weight. "I only ask because one of my daughters gained about 80 lbs, the other gained about 50, but my wife when she had them didn't gain any. " I told him that I'd gained a few lbs so far, but not too much yet. Then he said, "Well, the baby must agree with you because you don't look like you've gained anything at all. You look great." I said, thank you, I feel like a cow though! He replied, "No. You really look wonderful. Congratulations." So while it started out as a wierd comment, it made me feel good that he would take the time to say something so nice.

Cartoon for the week! Several of you I know will appreciate this!









I think that's it for now.... Toodles!

No comments: