Thursday, May 21, 2009

Halfway There!

Officially 20 weeks along today! Still have 20 left to go though. Looking back, the past 20 weeks seem to have gone by quickly, but the coming 20 weeks seems like forever.... that's what happens when you find out you're pregnant at 3 weeks, I guess. I've decided that this whole 9 month incubation thing is just a bit too long. Let's have the baby now, I'm ready and I haven't even gotten to the tough stuff yet, hahaha!
Not much is new here since Tuesday. I mentioned before that my placenta is anterior, so I still haven't really been feeling any kicking still. Occasionally I feel something, but nothing major yet. Soon enough I guess I'll feel like a punching bag :) Also, I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel in my right hand, partly from being on the computer all day at work and partly from being pregnant and swelling. Doc said it should go away after I give birth. It doesn't really hurt yet or anything, but my fingers go numb occasionally and it'll ache in my fingers and my wrist, especially at night.
I'm still gaining weight a bit too quickly, for a total of 16lbs so far. Doc said as long as I'm not eating sugar (which I'm not) and doing my best to eat healthy (which I am) then that's all I can do. My blood pressure is still great so as long as I'm healthy it's fine I guess. Of course I feel like a cow, but at least Victor and I are both healthy, that's all that matters!
Very excited that starting on June 1st we will finally have health insurance! We can go to the dentist and I can get my eyes checked for the first time in over 2 years. Not to mention paying for Victor's pending arrival. yay :)
Got my hair cut today! Nothing major, just a trim and layered up again so it actually styles now and not just laying limply on my head. You can see in the pictures on the right side of the blog how long my hair was before I cut it back in January. I wish I had some pictures of it right after I cut it the last time, but it's grown out alot (thank you prenatal vitamins) it was about even with my shoulders.






Right before getting my hair cut.

After getting home and styling it.

It feels a lot better!

20 week belly


Slightly different angle, I realized I turned a bit in the other one.

I'm tired of feeling frumpy all the time so I dressed up a bit while I was playing with my hair.

4 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

I love your hairstyle. It looks great. I love your posts of your belly each week. What a great idea. You look so good.

The Carters said...

I know I'm a little late, but hooray for finding out you're having a boy!! What is it with the class of '03? I swear, like 90% of your class has ended up having a boy first. So exciting...now you can really get shopping!

Carlson Clan said...

You're so cute. Good luck with the other half of your pregnancy. It's hard to say which feels longer! FYI - don't change your prescription if your eyes are different because they change when you're pregnant and then can go back to what they were before. You probably knew that though. =) Hooray for insurance!!

Miriam said...

CUTE!! And pretty dress! I know when your prego...it seems like any change goes a looong way!!