Thursday, December 3, 2009

whoops

Showing off the guns :0) Do you like the monkey blanket? Vic's Aunt Alice made it for us, love it!
I've been so bad at this lately! I keep meaning to update but everytime I think about it Vic wakes up and my plans all go out the window.
I had my 6 week checkup, almost 2 weeks ago. Things are looking good he said, except one spot where the doc cut me still wasn't healed all the way. Apparently it was a pretty deep cut. But other than that things are good!
Great news too! I don't know if you all remember that I got into a car accident when I was 26 weeks pregnant and totaled my car. Well, yesterday the car finally got paid off! Geico wouldn't pay the claim until they got the title for my car, and Chase LOST the title to my car and it has taken 6 months to get it straightened out. But it's paid off and we no longer have to make payments on a car that we don't have! YAY!!!

Victor has been good. He's been a bit more fussy over the last couple of weeks. I guess he's waking up from that newborn stage and starting to be a real baby now, lol. He's really only fussy in the evenings, and it's apparently very common and most babies are fussy in the evenings, so we just deal with it as best we can. He's been much better the last couple of days though. He's finally on a bit more regular schedule though. He eats about every 2 hours, and in the afternoons will take a 3-4 hour nap, but sometimes he'll just take a couple smaller naps. It just depends on how he's feeling that day I suppose. if he doesn't want to sleep he's impossible to put to sleep. He can be so tired that he's screaming at us and just will fight it and fight it until he finally just passes out. I start working on him when I notice he's yawning so that he won' t get like that, but it never helps. Oh well, he's only 7 weeks old, we'll get it figured out :0)


We took a trip to Cincinnati last weekend. Not Thanksgiving weekend, but the weekend before. He was good for the first half of the 4 hour trip and then I had to sit in back with him for the last 2 hours. Same thing on the trip back. I was thinking he would sleep more on the way back because he was exhausted. He really didn't get to sleep much while we were there. He gets wound up easily when there are alot of people around and refuses to go to sleep, or with all the people he gets woken up before he's really ready. So he was exhausted and didn't really sleep in the car, and of course was miserable when we got home. He doesn't like the car seat either so that doesn't help. As long as he is sleeping in it, he's good, but he HATES to sit in it if he's awake.

Seeing everyone was so nice! I know Matt wishes he could see them more. But, I also pointed out to him that he's been able to see alot of his family since Victor was born and I haven't seen ANYone from my side. It stinks having everyone so far away. I really wanted to be able to come home for Christmas this year. It's been so long since I've been back to Idaho, and my brother and sis-in-law are going to be there too and it just makes me so sad I can't see them. My sis-in-law (the other one) is having her 3rd baby, my 3rd nephew, on the 10th this month (scheduled c-section) and I really wanted to be able to go down and help her. Of course it's the same weekend that Matt's family wants to give us a baby shower..... And to top it off I don't think we're going to end up going anywhere because the car didn't respond well to the last trip and it needs some work again.

Anyway, that's the update! Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment :) I keep trying to get a picture of him smiling and everytime I try to snap it he quits. It's sooo cute though when he does!

Tummy Time!


Boxing with Daddy. Vic has started reaching for things. He doesn't have great control yet, but he is realizing that he can move his arms and he grabs my face all the time while we're playing together. I nibble on his fingers :) he smiles when I do that!
He does this all the time. He'll just lay there and arch his back and hang off the pillow and stare at the lamp.



He saw daddy with the camera and started reaching for him and started to slide off :0)




This picture makes me laugh :)


He fell asleep on my lap after nursing. You can see a little drop of milk on the corner of his mouth. He's just too precious for words....


This is what Daddy and baby did all morning on Thanksgiving while Mommy was cooking, lol. Watched the football game and slept. It was just the 3 of us and it was wonderful! I feel like we hardly get to spend much time together so it was great to have the whole day just us. I made a turkey breast, mashed potatos, stuffing, corn and gravy. And of course, my famous French Silk Pie. Ok, not really famous, but it should be! And if I do say so myself, everything turned out great!

7 comments:

alisekelley said...

I am glad to hear your Thanksgiving went well! Thanks for the update! I wish you could come home for Christmas too! Victor is so precious! Crying won't hurt them! Hang in there!

Ben and Jessica Buehner said...

Finally you updated :-P I am just playing with you... I know you are very busy with the little one :-) Your place must be super warm because as I sit here all bundled in my sweats all your pictures are tanktops and shorts.. and baby vic in just onsies :-D I didnt realize you were having ANOTHER baby shower :-) I hope you get to see your family soon... I dont know how you do it!

Kimber Bowen said...

Vic is adorable. I hope you are hanging in there and that you can recover well from the cut. Sorry about that. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Take care and try to get some sleep in there.

Andrew and Shandee said...

Vic is so cute. I bet you are a great mommy.

Carlson Clan said...

Victor is so cute Heidi! I hope nursing is going well for you. And don't worry about the schedule thing. Saydi is still kind of random but making progress every day. They figure it out. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving and got your car paid off!

Miriam said...

He is so cute!!! And I know what ya mean about not seeing family...I hate that!! Especially when you have like the best thing ever to show off---a new baby!! I hope you start recovering better from the cut, that really sucks. Everyone makes it seem like at 6 weeks you should be well and healed but so not true all the time!

James and Danielle said...

I love it when you update this thing- Victor is growing up so fast and is such a handsome guy!!! Sorry to hear about the reflux thing. Jarom had alot of health issues, but it all gets worked out!!! Hang in there. Thinking of and praying for you and your family!