Thursday, December 10, 2009

Poor baby

Oh, we had a rough couple of days. On Sunday he did almost this same thing, Monday he was a little better and slept most of the night like normal, but then Tuesday was AWFUL. Loooong story short, for almost 20 hours Vic did nothing but scream, eat for 2 minutes and sleep for 5 minutes at a time. Mostly scream. He was up from 10:30 am until 5am the next morning. I couldn't get him to eat and he wouldn't sleep for more than a few minutes and he was just soooo miserable. There were a couple of times that we were both crying at the same time. He was in pain and I was miserable cause I couldn't fix it....
When he woke up at 9am and nothing had changed i.e. he was still screaming, although I did get him to eat for 5 minutes, which was the longest amount he had eaten since about 7pm the night before. But he was still sooo miserable that I called the pediatrician and asked for the soonest appointment they had. Doc examined him and determined that he did not have an ear infection or illness that he could see. He is pretty sure it's reflux. Within the past 2 weeks Vic has also started spitting up a lot more, which he never did before. So Vic is now on Zantac twice a day. It will take about a week to really work, but I've already noticed an improvement. He's been much happier today than yesterday even.

And on another note: He is 8 weeks old, weighs 14lbs and is in size 2 diapers and 3-6 month size clothes. He is such a big, healthy boy!!

Since he has been reaching and grabbing a bit more I've been trying to get him to play with some toys. I put the leg of this toy in his hand and he grabbed it and started swinging it around and trying to chew on it. I love it!! Pretty soon he'll really be able to play!

5 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

I'm so sorry Heidi. Nothing is worse then sick kids. You feel so helpless. I hope this works and you get some rest! He's such a big guy and so, so cute!

Ben and Jessica Buehner said...

:-( Poor little guy :-/ I can totally see you and Vic having a crying battle :-P I bet he won... I am glad he is starting to feel better now.

Kimber Bowen said...

Heidi, I am so sorry that is rough. I really hope the zantac kicks in soon and that you both can get some sleep and feel better. He is adorable and such a cute little big guy. Hope he gets better soon.

alisekelley said...

Oh Heidi I am sorry! That has to be so rough! I am glad the Zantac is helping a little!!! Keep us updated!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ivykomize.1accesshost.com/ukyfaken.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life