Thursday, November 12, 2009

1 Month Checkup


Victor is 1 month old tomorrow! I can't believe we've had him for a whole month now :) At the beginning it was so surreal and I think I just felt like I was on the worlds longest babysitting job, lol! But now I can't imagine not having him. He coos and gurgles and I'm pretty sure he's working on smiling at me, there's a couple of times he looked awful close to it. But he's also been gassy, haha! He's just so adorable.
He had his 1 month appointment at the Pediatrician today. Victor now weighs 11 lbs and 2 oz (my little chunker!) and is 22 and 1/4 inches long. Head circumference is 15 inches. He also had to get another dose of the Hep B vaccine. As you can imagine he did NOT like that very much. After we got home he ate and then fell asleep for 3 hours and then woke up to eat again. I tried to keep him up for a little while, afraid that it would mess up his schedule and he would be impossible tonight. But after an hour he started crying and fussing. So I picked him up and sat in the recliner with him and 2 seconds later he was sound asleep. And that was an hour ago and he's not showing any signs of waking anytime soon. I guess he's just extra sleepy from the shot, everyone says it's normal so I'm trying not to worry about it and hopefully he'll just sleep the whole night through!
A couple of my favorite things about him:


(See? doesn't he look like he's smiling? or at least really close to it?)


~ When he is hungry and I turn him toward me to eat, he starts grunting and rooting around and it's so cute I laugh everytime.



~He never wakes up crying at night, he just lets me know he's ready to eat by sucking on his fingers and grunting.



~At night, he sleeps for 3-4 hours on the dot. A couple of times he's even gone 5 hours. Except for the first 2 days home from the hospital he has never screamed at night or been up for longer than it took to eat.


~ He loves his bath! He hated sponge baths, but since we've been able to give him tub baths he just sits in the little whale tub and coos at us.



Just hanging out in the tub. He loves when you trickle the warm water over him.



~When Matt kisses him he scrucnches his face up, cause I guess Matt's beard tickles him.


~He will poo, and then 10 minutes later when we're pretty sure he's done we change him. And then as soon as the new diaper is on him he'll let loose again. I joke and tell Matt giving him a new diaper is a surefire way to get him to poo!



His poo face. HAHA!


~ He does not like it when I drink caffeine. Back in his first week I think it was, I had 2 cups of coffee and then he was up until 5:30 in the morning. I don't drink coffee anymore! lol! Maybe this doesn't qualify as one of my favorite things... I miss my coffee!!





This onsie was in with the ton of stuff we got from friends and I found it the other day and decided he needed to wear it. It was SO funny when Matt got home from work and went to pick Vic up to change his diaper and saw what it said. Matt just looks at me and goes "Seriously?" then looked at Vic and said "I can't believe what Mommy's got you wearing. Good thing you don't care about that stuff yet..."

6 comments:

The Boyle's said...

I LOVE that onesie. So cute. He is a super cute little guy. Congrats again. He's got my little girl Zoey beat in weight by two whole pounds at one month. And she is a chunker. He doesn't even really look that big. Dont you just love being a mommy.

Ben and Jessica Buehner said...

I love seeing new pictures of the little doll :-) He is soooo cute. Everytime I see him I want my little guy just a little more!

alisekelley said...

He just keeps getting cuter and cuter! What a good little baby!

Kimber Bowen said...

He is such a cutie. I know I say that every time, but he is adorable. I can't believe he is already one month and how big he is. That is great.

The Christensens said...

One whole month- boy time flys!!! I was telling Alise this week that he is seriously the cutest baby!!1 Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://lefufynaha.1accesshost.com/viboge.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money