Friday, December 25, 2009

Meet the Baby Shower

Matt's family had been trying for months to throw us a baby shower. For the last couple of months of my pregnancy, I had been unable to travel so they never got to do it. Finally, we had planned a trip up there on the 12th and they were going to throw us the shower then. Of course we had car trouble. Again. We took it into the shop and the water pump was busted and some other stuff that I can't even remember and it was going to cost us about $600 to fix. Plus, the part they needed to fix it, they couldn't get in until the next Monday. So we thought we were stuck at home AGAIN without a car.

Until Matt's mom suggested a rental car. Now, you think rental car, you think Expensive. But Enterprise was running a weekend special, you put $200 down and when you return the car you get $150 back, so it only costs you $50. I was like, Hell yes! We're going to do this more often instead of putting more miles and wear and tear on our car. So, the day AFTER we were supposed to be there and 2 hours AFTER the shower was supposed to start, we finally arrived in Cincinnati. Woo!
His family and friends were so very generous and we were given some really great gifts! Thank you all so much! I'll have thank you cards out soon, I promise!
Ok, it won't let me move the pictures like I normally would, so they aren't in any particular order.
These are from Sunday, the day after the shower. We had been given this adorable football outfit for him and when I was sorting through his clothes we found it and realized that he was going to have to wear it ASAP or he wouldn't fit into it.

Isn't it adorable?!?

Our little linebacker!!

Grandma Herbers (Matt's Mom) and Little Victor


The happy family



ignore how fat my face looks. It's only been 10 weeks, I'm still losing weight!!
Me and Victor at the shower.





Baby laying on the floor in the center of attention, of course!




Ma-Ma ( Matt's step-dad's mom) and Gma Zager (Matt's mom's mom)



Victor and Great-Gma Zager


No comments: