Thursday, September 10, 2009

Say what?

Week 36. Technically 4 left. I'm praying for just 2..... I may kill someone if i go longer than that...

I think the cartoon says it all....


Did you know that your cervix can go back? As in, my cervix is firmer this week than it was last week. I did not know it could go backwards! And I'm totally irritated. Granted, I'm only 36 weeks and my doc is happy about this little development because it means my bed rest has been working and I'm not progressing too quickly, too early. But come on!!! I'm sooo ready to have this kid. He did say that lil man's head has dropped further, at which point I wanted to say DUH. I'm had constant pressure/pain very low alll day and I can tell it's from him being lower. It's almost like constant Braxton hicks contractions. Very annoying, and extremely uncomfortable.




I am measuring 2cm behind what I should be at this point, doc almost guarantees that it is because lil guys head has dropped so much lower, but I still get another ultrasound next week to check his growth. yay! I'll never turn down an opportunity to see lil vic :)

I feel kind of bad, like I'm always complaining about being pregnant. But I told Matt that for all the times I did NOT complain before, I'm making up for it in the next few weeks. He has agreed that this is fair and he will smile and tell me he loves all the while :0) that's why I love him *kisses to him*

6 comments:

Ben and Jessica Buehner said...

You poor thing. I hope I NEVER get THAT big :-P But you know once little Vic makes his grand enterance you wont even remember being pregnant. (maybe just because you wont have time ;-))

Kimber Bowen said...

I am so sorry Heidi. I never had the bracken hicks contractions. You are a trooper. I hope it goes by quickly for you. Take care and little Vic will be here before you know it.

Tim and Amber said...

I think it's definately ok for you to complain during these last weeks...this is that hardest part. waiting and being so uncomfortable, and even in pain...it's definately ok. :) well, at least I think so because I was the same way! :) BUT...He's almost here!!! YAH!!

The Christensens said...

Pregnant women have the RIGHT to complain whenever they feel like it!!!! Hang in there! Happy One Year Anniversary!!!!

Carlson Clan said...

Oh I have so much empathy for you right now. Good luck. And just remember, you have to get this miserable to make the unbearable pain of labor worth it. =) I know it's annoying to hear "hang in there" but it really will be over before you know it!!

The Carters said...

Oh Heidi, I so don't envy you. I remember those last few weeks just CRAWLING by. I went in at 38 weeks and almost bawled when my doctor told me I wasn't dialating...but then she agreed to induce me 5 days later. So, long story short, shed a few tears at your next appt. :)