Thursday, September 17, 2009

37 weeks and counting....

37 weeks. Officially full-term and ready to go! I almost don't fit in the doorway anymore, haha. I feel pretty maxed out, can I really get any bigger?

Oh! I started a poll on the side of the blog there so people can vote and say what week they think I'll deliver in. I might start another one to guess his weight too. I gotta have something fun to do!

Had my appointment today, no change in the cervix, which doc said was good, but I said, "that depends on your definition of good. Good for me right now would be about 2-3cm!" Oh well, he'll come when he comes I guess :) I did get another ultrasound! They did one to check his size and position. Victor is still head-down ready for delivery, woo! Right before we went back I had this horrible feeling they were going to tell me he'd flipped and we were going to have to have a c-section. Thank goodness he didn't!

Little man is weighing in at a whopping 7lbs and 8ozs! She did say that could be give or take about 7ozs, so anywhere between 7-8lbs. I know several people who said their measurements were way off, so I asked her about that. She said that usually, if they are off by more than a pound it's because the baby wouldn't cooperate in order to get clear enough shots for the measurements. Since she was able to get clear shots of his head, abdomen, spine and legs, our mearement should be pretty close. I'm guessing about 8lbs at birth. Which will hopefully be SOON!!

I'm actually not as uncomfortable this week as I was last week. I'm taking advantage of that and I'm going to be taking some walks and maybe running some stairs, haha! Doc is guessing I'll gointo labor next week, but I don't know if he's basing that on anything or just throwing it out there. I hope he's right though!

On a different note: my mom. They took her off the sedative last week and she's finally starting to respond a little bit. Since she'd been out for so long (3 weeks now) it took awhile for the sedative to wear off since so much of it was stored in her body. She is breathing on her own, they took out the ventilator, but she still has a trach tube (in case they need to help her breathe) so she still can't talk. She's been opening her eyes and looking at people when they talk to her, and moving her arms and legs a bit. They got her into a chair the other day, kind of had to strap her in to it though. Again, since she's been out for 3 weeks she's lost a TON of muscle tone and she's going to have to go through rehab in order to teach her how to swallow, eat, to talk and to basically walk again. She's slowly getting better, but it's going to be a long road until she's 100% again. It's good to hear she's getting better, but SOOOO frustrating to know how slow it is. I was talking to my dad about it and the thing I kept thinking about is if I go into labor and have Victor, I couldn't even call her to tell her. Hopefully she'll be talking soon and I can' finally talk to her again! It's been almost a month since her original surgery and I only talked to her once the day after for about 2 mintues. I miss my mommy!

5 comments:

Ben and Jessica Buehner said...

Tell that baby to GET OUT ALREADY! You have made such a great home for him that he doesnt want to leave =) Anyway... you better let me know when you go into labor or I will be mad at you! :-D Good Luck!!

The Carters said...

I'm voting for 8 lbs 6 oz...that's what Macy was. Hang in there, Heidi!

Kimber Bowen said...

Heidi I can't believe only 3 more weeks. I voted for 39 weeks and 8lbs. 6 oz. I am glad your mom is doing better. I am really sorry Heidi that is hard being so far away. I will continue and pray for her. Love you lots. You are always in my thoughts. Glad you are feeling better this week.

The Christensens said...

Love you in the pink. What a beautiful pregnant woman you are!!! Hmmm, what should I vote?

Miriam said...

WOW! You look great, by this time I was just looking round everywhere! you still just have a little basketball up your shirt...ok a BIG basketball! HA! It's getting close!! I bet you go a week early!!!!