Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hi!

Nothing much going on, I was just bored so I thought I'd chat. We had a lazy day on Easter since we were both actually off of work at the same time. (It's amazing, that never happens.) We went up to Wal*Mart to look at their baby stuff, because I've been dying to go look at everything and do the price-matching and research. We're not going to buy anything ourselves until we're quite a bit further along. I don't know for certain, but I think I'll have at least 2 baby showers, so I want to wait and see what wonderful things our family and friends decide to help us out with. Plus, we have to wait until we know if it's a boy or girl for most stuff if we want to coordinate everything, and it'll just be more fun later I think.

So after that we went over to our friends Dave and Kelli's house. Dave's mom was visiting and so was Kelli's sister and friend, so there were 7 of us plus their 2 kids running around. It was a beautiful day outside so we sat out on their back porch and grilled hamburgers. It was a very fun, relaxing day. Then of course I got sleepy, like I always do, and we headed home to watch a movie and go to bed. Hopefully our schedules coincide more often so we can have more fun days together!

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I work at Chase as a teller. They have particular rules about certain things (for good reason) and in order for me to have a second job I have to actually fill out an application and send it in to Human Resources so they can investigate it and make sure there are no conflicts of interest between Chase and wherever I want mysecond job to me. So whatever, that's fine. Of course, it would have been great if it hadn't taken TWO WEEKS to get the approval back so that I could pick up a shift or 2 at Outback, but whatever. The approval finally came back last week, so since I've been a bit more energetic lately, and we need the money, Matt and I both decided to pick up shifts at OB last night. I worked at Chase from 9:30 to 4:30 then went straight in, and he did the same thing at the liquor store. I didn't get home until about 10:30pm, basically I worked from 9:30am until 10:30 pm. Wow I was tired!! It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I did it though. We made some extra money and it was fun to see alot of the people I used to work with. It was a pretty slow night which was perfect for me since I haven't worked there in about 3 months, so it was easy to kind of ease back into it. But oh yea, by the time I got home I was exhausted. My feet hurt and my back was killing me, whew! I won't be doing that very often I don't think, but once in a while is ok. Matt has been working there at least once every week, usually on Sundays, so he's been a little more in touch with everyone than I have.

So since I had a little bit of extra money, I decided I should go look at maternity clothes. I've needed to get some jeans for a while and am now getting to where I really need them. So I went to Target, Motherhood Maternity, Sears, JC Penney and Wal*Mart. Did you know that most of those stores only carry a couple of things in maternity?? Motherhood obviously has more, but it's also much more expensive. I found 2 pairs of pants I liked. One at Motherhood for $35, and one at Wal*mart for $18. I actually liked the ones at WalMart better and ended up buying those, mostly just because they were so much cheaper. I got a pair of jeans and some cute hot pink flip flops for $24. Cheaper than just the one pair of pants at Motherhood! Yay! I have jeans that actually fit me now and are comfortable. I was looking at shirts too while I was out and about. Maternity shirts are not really my style apparently. Most everything I find labeled maternity is flowy and just big. I want shirts that are snugger and actually show my bump so I don't just look chubby. I found a couple of shirts 2 weeks ago in just a regular clothing store. They were just some basic t-shirts with the rousching on the sides so they were a bit stretchier, but still were snug so they showed my belly without being, you know, gross. Lol! I also like the empire waisted tops (like the pink one in my last picture) so they are snug on top and flowier (yes, I'm making words up) around the middle. I just can't find anything I really, really like. So I'm just going to have to keep looking.

I have my next appointment on Friday morning so I'll give an update then. Plus, I'll have a new picture this week too. That's really all the excitement going on here. I need to go grocery shopping......

1 comment:

alisekelley said...

What a great way to spend easter! I know exactly what you mean about the whole maternity clothes that just make you look chubby! It is difficult finding clothes that make you look OK! I need to go grocery shopping too!