Friday, April 17, 2009

15 week appointment

My appointment didn't go quite as expected this morning. It started off great, he found the heartbeat as soon as he put the doppler on my belly and it was loud and super strong. Yay!! However, he then took a closer look at my chart where the nurse had taken down my weight, blood pressure, etc. I was 145 before being p.g. then only 148 at my appt 4 weeks ago and now up to 154 for a total of 9lbs gained so far. Keep in mind that this is 9lbs over the course of 15 weeks. So less than a lb a week I've gained. But still, in 4 weeks 6 seems like a lot (especially this early). I have no idea how that happened by the way. I have been craving fruit for 3 weeks and my appetite is normal so it's not like I'm pigging out all the time. So my doctor put me on a diet. NO SUGAR. at all. zip. zero. zilch. low carbs, and cut back on the fried foods. Basically a diabetic diet. I am not diabetic but my mom is, and my dad is insulin resistant (a diabtetes precursor) and my mom started out as a gestational diabetic, all of this my doctor knows. He put me on the diet because of my family history, he's just being careful now so we don't have any problems later. I totally understand and I have no problem being healthy for my growing baby. But NO sugar? OMG! Anyone who knows me can tell you I have a massive sweet tooth. I can't have sweet tea, or skittles, or even a Dr. Pepper. So I went grocery shopping today (finally) and got lots of fruit and veggies and some sugar free jello and little snacks like that so I can have something a little sweet when I'm craving it without getting into trouble.

Also, they drew my blood for the AFP test. That's the one where they test you for downs syndrome and spina bifida and something else. Currently we are paying out of pocket for our doctor until June 1st when my new insurance kicks in. After we discussed it, Doc said that we could wait until June 1st to send out for that AFP test (I'd still be within the time range at that point) since we found out it was going to cost about $800. Then about 3 hours later I got a message from his office. I called back and turns out the lady who told him it was going to be $800 was a moron and it's only $160. So that's a little more affordable, lol!! However they had already disposed of my blood from today so I have to go back next week to get blood drawn again. I got poked for nothing :( haha!
We scheduled our big ultrasound!! May 19th is my next appointment and they will do a quick ultrasound for us at that point (he's not even going to charge us for it because he's awesome!) to find out the gender of the baby!!! Then June 1st we're going back in to do the official scan where he looks at all the anatomy and checks and makes sure baby's healthy and everything. Wooo-Hoooo! You've only got 4 more weeks to vote or change your vote on the gender poll people!! I think it's tied right now.


Belly Time!!



This was last week at 14 weeks.







This was yesterday at 15 weeks. I was soooo tired I could barely keep my eyes open, that's why I look not so thrilled.



As Mickaela calls it, the scandalous skin pic. hehehe.




This is my newest trick :) I discovered this about 2 weeks ago. My belly is a great holding place for things! As long as they aren't too heavy of course, lol. Cups, cell phones, and remote controls are all perfect for this.

6 comments:

Tim and Amber said...

haha, the cup on your belly is funny! wait until you can put your bowl of cereal on it :) have you felt the baby move yet? sorry about the no sugar! that would be so hard!

The Christensens said...

Oh that stinks- you can do it!!! Just think after this baby comes you can eat anything you want!!! Don't worry about the weight gain because you look great (You are all stomach girl)!!! One time I put on 6 lbs between appointments too. Ugh- Alise and I say that even if we didn't eat anything while we were pregnant we would still gain weight. But anything for a healthy baby right!!! Can't wait to know what you are having.

Kellie said...

Just wait til baby kicks it off. Ian used to kick really hard if something was there & it'd go flying! Good luck with the diet. As long as you can balance things with proteins and carbs you can have some- talk to your doctor. Mom & dad are diabetic & my doc told me snack every 2-3 hours & do my checks & balances. If I wanted cookie dough, I had to have a steak & potato first type thing. Be safe, but it can't hurt to ask!

Carlson Clan said...

I'm sorry to hear about the no sugar thing. I would NEVER succeed but I'm sure you'll be able to do it. Four people in my family are insulin resistant too and they have found some pretty good chocolate that's sugar free. I'll have to find out what it is. You look great and I'm so excited for you to find out what you're having!

Crissa Rae said...

Heidi! Your belly is getting so cute! :) I actually need to post a new picture on my blog and show off how big my belly is since I last posted. (I'm due August 12, and at 14 weeks, most people couldn't tell that I was pregnant... now there's no hiding it!) I have little kicker girl inside of me! :) Anyways, I'd trade you places on the sugar thing if I could... I didn't crave anything sugar at all (well, besides fruit...) the first tri, and now, not a whole lot. Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://psbtrainer.com/ - diazepam 5mg

Anterograde amnesia may occur using therapeutic dosages, the risk increasing it at higher dosages.
[url=http://psbtrainer.com/]diazepam drug[/url]
The following may also occur: ataxia, confusion, constipation, depression, diplopia, dysarthria, gastrointestinal disturbances, headache, hypotension, incontinence, increase or decrease in libido, nausea, dry mouth or hypersalivation, skin reactions, slurred speech, tremor, urinary retention, dizziness and blurred vision.
diazepam 5mg
Very small veins should not be selected for injection particularly, intra-arterial injection or extravasation.