Saturday, April 25, 2009

Deployed


My oldest brother, Nathan (the one with the buzzed head), was deployed this morning at 10:50am to Afghanistan. He will be gone for 12 months. He is a helicopter mechanic so will be on base most of the time and not out in the field, thank goodness. His wife and 2 little boys (the ones who came to visit us a couple of weekends ago) will be home taking care of things for him and waiting. His wife, Kristy, just recently found out she is expecting again. She is due the beginning of December with their third child, so she will be pregnant and raising both kids (and all 3 for a few months later on) all by herself. I can't think about him being over there for too long or I start getting teary eyed and emotional. I love that he is fighting for our wonderful, beautiful country, but I hate the thought of him getting hurt..... He will probably be ok, but there's always that chance..... I was just hoping that everyone could say a prayer for my brother and his family, and all the troops who are deployed right now as well. We want them all to come home safely!!

4 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

Heidi, I will definetely say a prayer for your brother and family. I am so sorry that he got deployed and I know that he will be safe. I will keep him in my prayers.

Carlson Clan said...

As a previous military wife I can definitely sympathize with your brother's wife. I will definitely keep them all in my prayers. It's not an easy thing and I'm glad there are people like your brother who are willing to sacrifice for us to live our cushy lives over here!

Unknown said...

Heidi, my husband is a helicopter mechanic, too. I'm so comforted with the fact that he and your brother will be spending a lot of time on the base where they are most safe. I will definitely be saying a few prayers for you and your family. Love you.

Miriam said...

Heidi! How are you? It's been a while. Your are the CUTEST prego girl ever!! I love your little tummy. I'm very excited for your little family to be growing. I'm greatful for people like your brother and his wife that will sacrifice for ALL of us here, we will pray for your fam!! :)