Thursday, July 9, 2009

Randomness

27 weeks according to the Oct. 8th due date (by my LMP) and 28 weeks and 1 day according to the Sept. 30 due date (by our ultrasounds). Either way, I'm in the 3rd trimester and just counting down the days baby! 91 to go! till 40 weeks anyway, I'm hoping for 37, but I don't really get much say in the matter, haha! 2 customers today at work asked me my due date and then proceeded to say "Oh my goodness!! You look like you're ready to pop already!" I just laugh and say, "Well I kind of wish I would already, I'm done!" But in my head I'm thinking, geez, thanks for telling me I'm huge. Whatever, I'm still glad that people don't just think I'm fat!

Baby has been much more active lately, it's so wonderful to feel him kicking so much. Matt and I laid on the couch together for about an hour the other night so he could feel the baby kick. Because before that every time I'd tell him Vic was kicking he'd come over and by the time he got his hands on my belly Vic would quit, lol, it was quite funny! So he laid on the couch with me with his hand on my tummy and got sooo excited every time he felt Vic kicking, he go "OOh Baby!" it was so cute! There was one really wierd moment, Matt was kind of pushing a bit on my belly in different spots trying to get him to kick more and just as he pushed down in one spot Vic kicked up right in the same spot so it was like they were touching thru my belly! It was SOOO wierd!! Matt flipped out because he thought it was so cool and I was flipping out because it felt soooo bizarre. But other than that it was fun :)

The other day (Tuesday) I woke up at 8am having braxton-hicks contractions. Nothing major just mild/moderate menstral crampy feelings through my lower abdomen and my back. I had 4 of them just while I was in the shower so when I got out I laid on the couch with a big glass of water while i ate my breakfast. They quit, until I got back up and headed off to work. I was having them about 3 times an hour and everything I've read says that unless they are 5-6 times an hour it's nothing to worry about. So I didn't. Until my co-worker started bugging me about calling my doc just to be safe. It was about 2pm by this time and I'd been having them since 8am. So I finally called and told the nurse what was going on and she freaked me out cause she's all, "Oh my gosh, Heidi why didn't you call me earlier? Can you come in if he needs to see you?" So then I started to worry cause I really hadn't thought it was a big deal. I told her I could come in if he needed me to becasue I hadn't taken my lunch break yet. So then I wait for her to talk to my doc and call me back.

An hour goes by and I still hadn't heard anything so I called them back and waited on hold for a bit (apparently he'd been in with a patient the entire time) and then he reacted just like I thought he would. Told me it wasn't a big deal, but just to go home, lay down with my feet up to get the weight off my hips and take it easy for the night. I told him I would do that in 4 hours when I got off work. He asked my why I was going to be there so late, I told him I was closing the drive-thru at the bank, he then asked me what time I had gotten to work, I told him 10am. (i worked 10-7 that day, without a break I might add, because of the nurse and me waiting for them to call me back) and then he told me that when I got a bit further along he didn't want me working more than 6 hours at a time. I'm like, woohoo! I'm so tired of working 9 hour shifts and tomorrow I'm actually working 10 hours and I'm sooo tired when I get home...

Anyways,
Fourth of July was a little boring. I can't travel so Matt went to his parents house for the big party by himself. He had a good time, not great cause it rained all weekend, but still had fun seeing all his family and everything. I just stayed home and cleaned, organized, grocery shopped and slept to my heart's content. It was really kind of boring. I did find a inflatable bathtub pillow so I took a great bubble bath, that was probably the highlight of my weekend.


Matt will be getting promoted here pretty soon (unless the owner goes back on her agreement....) it's hard to say exactly whats going on with her (the owner) but he is supposed to be getting the store manager job, like, NOW, but we just haven't head anything more about it. So, hopefully more positive news on that next time.

So things are good! Just living life and working and waiting on baby!

2 comments:

The Pascoe Family said...

YOU don't look big, it’s all BABY. I have to say, when I look at your belly I think: I can't believe she has until October.
When my mom was pregnant with me, in the beginning everyone thought I was twins because her belly got big fast but then she basically stayed the same for the rest of her pregnancy.
Be glad to only be showing in your belly, you look cute pregnant :)

Carlson Clan said...

Don't you hate it when people make comments about your size when you're pregnant?! It's totally beyond your control how big/little you are when you're pregnant! Sheesh. I think you look great though and hooray for the third trimester. I never had braxton hicks with Wes but then I did with Saydi and she ended up coming early. So who knows?? Good luck with the last three months. The last 1 1/2 are the hardest!