Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Amazing how things change

So my best friend just called me for the first time since April. Of course, it's not her fault, she's been in BOOTCAMP for the last 2 months!! Lindsey Heberling (some of you may remember her as Lindsey Murray) graduates on Thursday from basic training and today was one of the first days she was allowed to use her phone. After that she is reporting to Fort Ruckers, Alabama for AIT training in flight operations. While we were talking it just struck how we are both in such different places.


One year ago: Matt and I were engaged, not really even thinking about kids yet and hadn't even moved into this house yet. Lindsey and Max (her husband) were living life like normal and She was getting ready to fly down here to be in my wedding.


Now: I'm married and pregnant and she is graduating bootcamp! When she gets back she is going to be able to finish her degree and get a better job. I can't believe she is in the military now! I'm just so proud of her and everything she has accomplished. God knows I couldn't have gotten through bootcamp. Lindsey, I know it will be a long time until you read this, if you ever get to, but I want you to know that I love you and I am so proud of you!! Congratulations!!!
It just amazes me how fast things change, 2 years ago I was living in Chicago, Matt and I weren't even dating yet and I think Max (lindsey's husband) had just gotten back from being deployed, if he was back at all. Max has been deployed 3 times now.
Do you ever look back and think about what you were doing a year ago? I would like everyone's comments about something they were doing a year ago, or something they are doing now that they couldn't have envisioned a year ago, or even 2 years ago! I wanna hear everyone's stories!



Love you Lindz! Can't wait to hear from you again, and good luck with training!!

3 comments:

Ben and Jessica Buehner said...

A year ago today was the last day of our honeymoon. We were eating a $40 breakfast at some snobbishly rich hotel, talking about how the honeymoon had went FAR to fast :-D Now we are about to buy and house and start living our Big Kid lives! It is amazing how things can change!

Tim and Amber said...

a year ago for us, we had a 4 months old that wasn't sleeping through the night, and i think that's about the time I had my first big breakdown after being pregers. We were wondering how we were going to pay the bills, buy diapers and trying to find time to sleep, let alone do anything else. Now I have a nonstop 17m old, whole loves to eat, sleep, & jibberjabber, and we have just started a new job with MUCH better pay! It has gone by so fast! :)

Melissa said...

2 Years ago I was pregnant, about 35 weeks along, living in a friends garage, I was babysitting my husbands nieces, Now I am a stay at home mom that loves our town home and our little girl thats almost 2!!