Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Fun

Random Picture of my belly button from my view taken a few days ago, it's actually out more now. It pops out more and more every day, soon it will be completely out, not just a little bit. Matt got to feel Vic kick the other day! I've been feeling him kick a bit more lately and one night he was kicking more than usual and Matt kept laying his hand on my belly. He was upset cause he said he couldn't feel it. I thought he was nuts because Vic was moving my belly every time he kicked me. I grabbed his hand again and was like "are you sure you can't feel that?" He said "that right there?" I said, "yea!" "that's him?" he said. "Yea!" "Oh I just thought that was your stomach!" hahaha! Then he got super excited and started kissing me and rubbing my belly even more. It was soo cute!

We had a fun weekend! On Saturday I worked in the morning, then when I got home there were 2 boxes of stuff waiting for me in the living room! Chase has a fantastic work/life program and they have several different types of perks from different programs. I called to inquire about their different programs and they sent me 2 kits, one for their Lactation program and the other for their prenatal care program. In the Lactation kit, there was a cd/rom labeled, Breastfeeding, what to know BEFORE you give birth. Also free breastmilk storage bags, nursing pads (for bra) and nipple cream. Also, several pamphlets about their Mothers at Work program for helping new mothers at work continue to breastfeed.

Now remember, all this stuff is FREE! In the prenatal kit, there was a Onsie, a bib, a mini-cooler for bottles and snacks, a dozen more pamphlets (on stuff like finding a pediatrian for your child, childcare, birthing options, etc) and the coolest thing, 2 books; Dr. Spocks Complete Guide to Baby and Childcare and The Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy. I mean, these are books you can get at the bookstore for like, $15 and I got them for FREE!!! I love working for Chase, they have some of the coolest perks.
My boss was asking me the other day when I thought I'd be leaving and coming back. I told her that I planned on working right up until I went into the hospital so that I could mazimize my time at home with Vic. Then as for how long I will be gone depends on them. Since I will not have been there for 1 year yet when I have Vic, I will not qualify for FMLA which guaruntees 12 weeks of leave, or Paid Parental Leave, which guarantees paid time for at least 6 weeks I think? Anyways, I'll have to take all my vacation/sick/personal time and that will equal about 3 weeks of paid time for me. After that I wasn't sure what was going to happen. My boss had told me that he would approve additional time off for me but I was afraid that without a paycheck our health benefits would lapse. Turns out, as long as my leave is approved by my manager and HR, they will just send me a bill each month for our portion of the benefits. So I can take 12 weeks (if we can afford it) and we won't lose our benefits!!! Funny thing is, when I asked my boss (the big boss, the branch manger) he said he had no problem with me taking 12 weeks, he said that he figured I would want to take that long (he has no kids). Our assistant branch manager, (a woman with 2 kids of her own) had said she thought I was only taking 6 weeks and gave me the look of death when I told her that the BM cleared me for 12 weeks. I was like, Whoa! What is this? She should know better than him how hard it is to have a newborn at home and have to go back to work too quickly. Geez, lol.

Anyways, way off topic there, After I got my fun boxes o' stuff, I ended up going to a wedding with my friend Rachel. Matt was at work all night until about 10:30. It was her boyfriends brothers wedding and since her boyfriend was best man and going to be busy the whole time, she wanted someone to hang out with, so I was her date :) I got all dressed up and of course, forgot to take pictures, even though I purposely took my camera with me. It's always fun and meaningful watching 2 people exchange their vows of love for one another. Then I came home and promptly fell asleep, haha! I was exhausted. Matt got home from work and then left to go hang out with some of his old friends. His old summer baseball league from Cinncinnati was in town playing a tournament and so he was hanging out with his old coaches.
Sunday morning we got up and went to watch them play. It was alot of fun meeting the guys he used to play with and one of the coaches was actually someone we went to UC with, so it was great seeing him too. Of course, it was very sunny outside. Very sunny, and hot. And guess who forgot to put on sunblock? that's right, ME! And since I have not been allowed to go tanning, I fried like an egg on a skillet. I'm still in pain, I can barely move my arms because my shoulders are so sore.
Later that evening Matt had his own baseball game to play in. He plays in the "old man" league, haha! It was his first time playing in awhile, so he was super sore afterwards. I only got a couple of pictures before the battery died on my camera.

My little pitcher! I kept trying to get him mid-pitch, but my camera was acting up and I kept getting him either right before or right after, lol and then it died. They won both games though! Way to go babe!

The funniest part was after he got home from the game while we were both getting ready for bed. Since he hasn't played for awhile, he was pretty sore already when he got home and thinks he pulled his butt muscle, haha! I actually had to help him get into the shower cause he was having trouble standing on one leg. Then as we were both trying to get comfortable in bed, I was in pain from my sunburn, plus general uncomfortableness just from being pregnant, he was in pain in his shoulder and his leg. We were both moaning and groaning in pain and then we just started busting out laughing because we were so pathetic. Once we got over the worst of the hysterical laughter, we both passed out and slept very soundly until our alarms went off this morning (waaaay too early I might add). And now we're back to work! Fun stuff, right?

4 comments:

The Pascoe Family said...

That is awesome that you will get 12 weeks off!!!
Just so you know, You can go to a medical supply place (like Norrco in Idaho Falls) and rent a sweet breast pump that will pump both sides at the same time really fast for $30 a month. So much better then the at least $100 on formula a month and of course better for your baby too :)

Carlson Clan said...

That is so great that your work is being so helpful. That will help a lot. I'm glad you got all that material too. I'll tell you right now - if you plan on breast feeding it will be the hardest thing you ever do so be prepared. I wasn't and it didn't work out with Weston. Fingers crossed for baby #2. You're adorable and I'm glad you are having such a good pregnancy so far. =)

alisekelley said...

OH you two are so funny! That is great that you get that much time off! I can't believe you got all of that stuff for free!!!!

Kimber Bowen said...

That is great that your work gave you all that awesome stuff. I am so glad that you are taking off 12 weeks, that will be so nice. Well, I am so glad that you both had a great weekend. Hopefully you aren't so sore anymore.