Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Anniversary, Cincinnati, and belly






The 6th of this month marked our 9 month anniversary! Woohoo! I was kind of laughing, 9 months married and about 6 months pregnant, that's the way to do it, lol! Above is the cake I made to celebrate. The cake at our wedding was Funfetti so I made a funfetti cake to celebrate and it was absolutely delicious!!! We finished the whole thing in 3 days I think.





Happy 9 months babe!!!



This past weekend Matt and I went to Cincinnati to visit his family for his brother Michael's birthday party. It was really nice seeing everyone and fun to sit by the pool and relax. It was slightly frustrating at times just because nobody wanted to accidently hurt me so they didn't really want me to play anything, then whenever I wanted to get in the pool people would jump in and start horsing around so I couldn't do that, and I can't get in the hot tub..... so basically I just sat by the pool reading all day and watching everyone get drunk. Matt would come over occasionally and say, "I'm sorry you can't do anything babe," which of course just made me think about it more, so that didn't help, lol. It was definitely entertaining at times, but will be much more fun once I'm not pregnant anymore.


Matt's family bought us a crib for Victor! And it converts into a regular size bed later on so that will be very helpful. Thanks guys!



24 weeks pregnant. Maybe closer to 26 weeks though if my doc will change my due date at my appt in the morning. We are getting another ultrasound and if Victor is still measuring 10 days ahead (if not more) I have a pretty good feeling he'll bump it up a bit, cause that's quite a difference. I had just got home from work and didn't feel like waiting for Matt to get home to take a pic so I took it myself! I'm starting to seriously feel huge and I can tell when I've beena t work too long cause my belly starts to ache and my back starts twitching. Plus I think my feet are stretching cause my shoes are hurting my feet. The carpal tunnel in my hand is getting a bit worse, but I've been sleeping with a wrist brace on so that seems to help with the tingling and the achiness.

But on the bright side Victor is moving around much more than before. I still don't feel a thing on my right side (I think that's where my placenta is) but I feel him punching me all over on the left. I kind of feel like I'm missing out a bit since my placenta is in the way of me feeling him more, but I know as he gets bigger I'll be able to feel more. Matt has felt him kick twice now. He's so cute! He gets all excited and rubs my belly even more. I love feeling Victor move more than anything!! I can't wait for our appointment in the morning, I love ultrasounds!!

4 comments:

Tim and Amber said...

oh, look at you and your gorgeous belly! I love it! you look so beautiful!

Kimber Bowen said...

Congrats on the aniversary. I love that you had a funfetti cake at your wedding. That is great. I hope they move up your due date too. Can't wait to hear if they do. I hope you start feeling better soon. It is hard being pregnant. You look adorable.

Carlson Clan said...

Cute belly. That stinks that your placenta is in the way. Some days I think I would like that! Not really though, it really is neat. Once he gets bigger I'm sure you'll feel a lot more, like you said. That's crazy how fast time is going by. Your little guy will be here before you know it. That's awesome you got a crib! Kudos to the grandparents. =)

alisekelley said...

Happy Anniversary. What a fun cake! I hope you get feeling better soon.