Saturday, January 24, 2009

well...

Ok, so the 5th thru the 11th is black out time at work. Just like every other week i've tried to ask for vacation. I swear, half of the calender is blacked out, its ridiculous. So now I'm trying for April 19th thru the 25th. I know it's not blackout time and she has no reason to deny this one that I know of. We are already looking at plane tickets and hope to have them purchased next month. I'm thinking some people who live out-of-town might already be in town for Easter so they could have an excuse to stay longer and see me!
I'm just going to take a second and say how happy I am to be off work till Tuesday. I loved my job at first but I guess I'm starting to really see it for what it is. Lots and lots of BS. Oh well. Matt got the same days off as me so we get to spend all weekend together!! I made breakfast this morning, eggs, breakfast potatos, toast, and goetta (pronounced ge-tta). For those of you who don't know what Goetta is, it is a breakfast meat made of pig stuff. Not just pig meat, like bacon, but the intestines and skin and stuff, also spices and stuff to make it taste better. I'm not a big fan of this particular food (it tastes ok, not great, but I can't get past all the gross stuff it's made of). Matt enjoys it and we were given some for Christmas, so I made some for him this morning. I believe we are going to spend the entire weekend holed up here in the house not doing anything, and I'm very excited about it!

2 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

That sounds great. Those are sometimes the best kind of weekends you can have!

alisekelley said...

Oh how fun! I love doing that with my husband!