Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

We spent New Years Eve at home together :0) I was supposed to have the day off from work, but ended up going in all day when our store manager was sick and throwing up. So not a super relaxing day for me or Matt cause he was busting his butt all day at work too. So by the time we both got home from work we were ready to just sit back and ring the new year in quietly and go to bed, haha! The picture above is of us toasting the New Year with our sparkling wine in our Toasting glasses from the wedding. If you look closely his says Mr. and mine says Mrs. we like to bust out those glasses anytime we're feeling festive.

We spent a lot of time talking about all the differences between this New Year and last new year. Last year we were both working at Outback still and went to the bar after work and I won $500 in a raffle (awesome, I know). We had just moved in together a month before and we were still 3 months away from being engaged. And now we've been married for 4 months and both have much better jobs! It's just so crazy how fast everything changes. I know that our posts are slightly boring since we don't have kids yet, but I just keep thinking that this is the only way we are going to remember everything! I want to spend more time enjoying what is going on instead of desperately trying to remember what happened....so bear with me on the boring posts! lol!


Nothing much exciting going on in daily life. Matt is hopefully getting a raise at work, so we are super excited about that! Lord knows he's been working enough hours and busting his butt enough he should be getting a very substantial raise in my opinion! haha! We are also very excited about health insurance starting Feb. 1st. Definitely looking forward to that.

Oh, and the new blog pic is one of Matt and I's engagement photo's. We just got the prints, finally, but now the disk yet with everything on them, so I took a picture of the picture, lol.

2 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

I love your engagement photo! It is gorgeous. Sorry you had to work on New Year's that stinks. We did the same thing, oh wait Chaser's went to bed at 10 and so did I. Can you believe how incredibly boring I have become!!! Yikes! I love your blog it is great hearing what you are up to!

Carlson Clan said...

I love that picture. You look incredible. Isn't it funny how boring you get once you settle down? Life just doesn't seem that boring any more when you're happy I suppose. =) I hope your husband does get a raise. That will be great for you guys. Oh, and I swear I'm going to email you back soon. Crazy schedule lately!