Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving and Birthday Fun

Thanksgiving was a little different this year for both of us. We didn't get to see any family since we couldn't get any time off from work. So we went to a friend's house, Dave and Kelli Gora, and spent the day with them, their 2 adorable little boys and Dave's mom. We had a lot of fun with them! They made dinner, Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatos and everything was amazing! I brought dessert, I love to make pies. I made a french silk pie from scratch and made an Oreo cookies and cream cake. Its a white cake mix baked with crushed up oreos in the batter and then sprinkled on top. It was a big hit!
I had to leave early, about 9pm and Matt stayed the night over with them. I had to be up at 2am (yes, 2am!) because I had to be at work at 4am to open the store at 5am. I wanted Matt to stay over there since it was just going to be me sleeping for just a couple hours and I didn't want to have to worry about waking him up or him waking me up or whatever. So I got to work at 4am and worked until 130pm. Other than being exhausted it was a pretty good day.

It was also my birthday a few days ago, yay!! Im 23 years old now. I feel old!! lol! We didn't do anything special. I slept in that morning, and then we went to dinner at Red Lobster. Then we came back home and fell asleep on the couch, hahaha! We're so exciting :).

I would love to post some pictures! I can't find my charger for the battery to my camera....so my camera has been dead and I don't know how to fix it. So until I get a new camera or a new charger.... no pictures :( I'm sad about this.

3 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! I'm glad you had a good day. Sounds like things are good for you. =) Oh, and I never answered your question...I don't have facebook or anything like that. But if you want my email it's jenn.carlson@gmail.com

alisekelley said...

Hooray for an update! Can't wait for those pictures! Glad you had a great birthday! Miss you!

Tim and Amber said...

That oreo cake sounds delicious!! I'll have to make that sometime! ;) Oh, and I love your wedding pics by the way!!