Saturday, October 30, 2010

Surgery.

Well, we had a day of doctor's appts with some good news and some bad news. Good news first! We went to see the ENT again about Vic's ears since the P.A. at the MRI said they looked bad. The ENT said that lady must not have known what she was talking about because his ears look great! yay! So on the one hand, irritated that the lady was so wrong and we had to spend $35 copay to find out his ears were fine, but on the other hand, yay! so happy his ears look fine!

Then the good/bad news. The hand surgeon said that the MRI showed the lump to look fluid-filled (good news!). However, because of the location, size and Vic's age, it would be better to remove it. This way it doesn't interfere with any development in his hand or his muscles or anything like that and it can be sent to be biopsied to make sure it really is just a benign cyst. SO... Tuesday morning at 8am he will be having surgery to have it removed.

I'm totally. bugging. out.

this will be the third time that Vic will have been put under general anesthesia and I HATE that. I hate that he has to be put under with all those chemicals and crap in his tiny litttle body... But it's times like these that I'm soooo incredible glad we are still nursing. At least I know I can comfort him in that way when he is going to need me the most. I don't know how long the surgery will last, I'm hoping not too long , but I figure at least an hour, probably longer. And afterward is going to suck so bad with the bandage on his little hand. He hates when you touch his hands and the few times he's had a bandaid on one of his fingers (just from a little stick to get an iron test) he flips out! I can't imagine how it's going to happen with stitches and a bandage. *sigh*.

5 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

Poor little Vic. I am so sorry Heidi. I hope that all goes well on Tuesday and that they find out it is infact just a cyst.

Becky said...

Good luck, Heidi! We will have you and your family in our prayers!

Carlson Clan said...

Good luck! We'll be thinking of you and you guys will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Andrew and Shandee said...

Sorry Heidi. That isn't fun for poor Victor. I am sure that everything will go okay though. You are such a cute mommy!

alisekelley said...

I hope everything goes OK! I can't believe Victor is one! I'll be praying for him!