Friday, April 23, 2010

Number 3

3, that's right, 3 ear infections in the past month and a half *pulls hair out* !! I feel so bad for my little guy cause he just cries and cries and won't go to sleep and doesn't like to nurse cause he doesn't want to lay down but won't nurse in any other position.....

I hate it cause I don't know where they are coming from, he's never even had a cold! I know that it's mostly genetic, apparently I had ear infections pretty much back to back until I was 8 months old, so I'm praying that doesn't happen to Victor!! We're trying a new antibiotic as well, so hopefully this time it will stay away. It's wierd, we'll do the antibiotic, then a week and half or so later we'll have a follow up with the pedi and his ears will look perfect. Then a week later he's got another one. I don't get it!!!!! It's sooo frustrating to know that he's in pain and to not be able to help him. Doc said if he gets another one they are going to refer us to a Ear, Nose and Throat doc to see if they can figure anything out. Also said that at this time of year they are a lot less common with the warmer weather so hopefully that will help things stay dry.


In the meantime, I just try to give him cuddles and deal with the crying as best I can... Poor little baby....

5 comments:

Ben and Jessica Buehner said...

Hopefully this one stays away because he is just too cute to be crying all day :-P

James and Danielle said...

Oh so sorry Heidi- we are there too. Goodluck! Victor is such a cutie though! Hang in there!

Andrew and Shandee said...

I am so sorry. Hope it gets better.

Kimber Bowen said...

I am so sorry that is so frustrating. I hope that they can figure out what is going on so that cute little Victor can start feeling better and stop being in so much pain.

Troy and Alice said...

:( I think the worst feeling of being a mom is the helplessness that comes when our wee ones are sick. Kaylei got an ear infection with EVERY tooth. Still to this day, when her molars cut, she got an ear infection.