Sunday, April 11, 2010

6 Months already!

I can't believe my little baby is 6 months old already! Everything just seems like it has gone by so fast. 6 Months ago this was me! Huge and miserable and wanting my baby.
These pictures have never been released, lol. I look so awful in these pics but oh well. This was at the beginning of the induction process.
This was my first time (after they wrapped him up) holding my little baby boy. I still get teary when I look at these pictures..... Baby Vic in the bassinet about to go for his first bath and all that fun stuff.


He weighed 8lbs and 15oz and was 21 inches long when he was born and today at 6 months he weighs 23lbs and is 28 inches long. My baby is getting sooooo big! We didn't have a WBV today, but a follow up from his last ear infection so the nurse was nice enough to weigh and measure him for me :0) p.s. His ears look great, no redness, swelling or fluid, so we should be good now!


He can sit up very well all by himself and loves to roll around the living room. He likes to try and roll himself under the couch, haha!
I'm so proud and grateful that we have been able to exclusively breastfeeding for 6 months! No formula, no solid food of any kind. I plan on taking the solids slow too to make sure he doesn't wean before 1 year. I don't want to have to buy formula for him! I know that things could happen that would take it out of my control, but that's my hope! I'm also pumping more now too to have a stash so if something were to go off kilter we'd have a back up.


So we just started his first solid food this morning! I got an avocado yesterday and sliced it up and froze most of them but kept a few in the fridge for today and tomorrow. I just mashed it up with a bit of breastmilk and away we went!

First bite: "Mom what the *beep* did you just give me?"
Second bite: "Hmmm... not sure about this..."


Third bite: "Gimme that! This is awesome!"


I love it! It's so cute! He amazes me every day with how he changes and learns new things and I can't wait to see all the new things that he gets to learn. I do miss him being little and I can't believe how much he's grown.... But it's so much fun watching him grow up!

No comments: