Thursday, April 15, 2010

Grammy, Pop-Pop and Easter

I don't know if ya'll remember, but back when I was about 33 weeks pregnant, my mom had to have heart surgery to replace a valve. There were some complications and she was unconscious in the ICU for about 6 weeks. Thankfully, she is doing much better now and is FINALLY able to travel!!! My parents hadn't met Victor yet until they got here last Saturday night. They didn't think they were going to make it until Sunday, but decided to keep going a bit longer and got here about 11:45pm Saturday. I hadn't seen my dad since Matt and I's wedding over a year and a half ago. I'd seen my mom last June at my baby shower, but it's still been about 9 months there too. I missed them so much and I loved having them here!!
This was Vic and Pop-Pop's first time seeing each other.
And again :0)
Then we had a poopy situation (he was still on the antibiotic at this time and it was giving him diahrea so every diaper change pretty much was an ordeal) and we had to change Vic, but then Grammy got to see him too!

Lots of kisses for Grammy and Vic!His easter bunny that Grammy got him! It passed the "Soft test".

And the Easter truck. The bed of the truck was filled with candy ( that of course I had to eat, hee hee!).He was more excited about the crinkly paper than anything.
"This stuff is sooo Cool!"

We helped him out a little bit so he could play with the truck and not eat any of the plastic grass stuff.

He loved his truck! Especially the wheels.

They had lots of fun playing Vic and the truck.

Victor loved playing with the spinning wheels on the truck.

Pop-Pop was glad to show him how it works!

We made the bunny a load so if it dumped out on him it wouldn't hurt.

"Hi! This box is the best thing ever! I can chew on it and bang on it and it's awesome!"

We had a big box after we went to sams club and he loved playing with that flap in front of him. You know they always say don't bother giving the kid the toy, just give him the box it came in!

Vic loved this! He grabbed great big ol handfuls of Pop-Pops hair and just giggled like crazy! Matt has done this with him a few times but it's just not the same cause Matt doesn't have hair he can grab.

We love you Grammy and Pop-Pop!!
Our next adventure is a wedding up in Cincinnati in about 2 weeks or so, and then we have to go visit my brother Nathan and Sis-In-Law Kristy. Nathan just got back last week from being deployed in Afghanistan. YAY!! We are soooo happy he's home and safe. I know Kristy is thrilled to have him back. She had their 3rd baby boy in December while he was gone and has had all three kids (2 toddlers and a newborn) all by herself since then and Nathan hadn't met the new baby yet. So again, we are SO happy he's home!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Victor is such a little cutie!! I'm glad he got to meet his grandparents, and that you got to show him off!! That's probably one of my favorite parts of being a mom, haha!!