Saturday, November 7, 2009

Amazing

I sit and stare at his little perfectly formed ears, and his little fingers, and toes and can't believe that we made him. Almost 4 weeks later and I still have a hard time believing that he was in my belly. The entire process just amazes me. How an egg and a sperm come together and turn into a beautiful baby just seems impossible. He's so beautiful..... I can't wait to see what kind of a man he will be. I hope he is just like his father!

I have the most amazing husband. The other night Victor was being especially fussy and would not go to sleep for anything, Matt took him to change his diaper. In the 2 minutes that Matt was out of the room I fell asleep because I was that exhausted. So Matt took Victor downstairs and sat with him on the couch for an hour while I slept. And then later got up with him to change him again when he heard him crying. He is so amazing to try and give me a break when he can, plus I know he loves the time he gets to spend with Victor as well. I'm so blessed to have 2 such wonderful men in my life!

On a different note: There is sooo much information about childrearing out there, that it's almost impossible to know what to follow. Some theories say have him on a schedule starting day 1 or he'll run your life, others say to hold him all the time, have him sleep in your bed so he grows up secure. Some say breastfeed till he's 2 or 3, others till he's 1. Some say don't breastfeed at all! There is just soooo much advice and information, how do you sort through it all? Victor is on a pretty good schedule at night, once he falls asleep he only wakes up about every 4 hours to eat and then goes right back to sleep. It's during the day that he's all over the place. Sometimes he eats every 3 hours, sometimes every hour, it just depends. And according to a lot of ideas he should be on a firm schedule. But if he's hungry I'm not going to NOT feed him just because it's not "time". So basically we're doing it on demand, but how else do you feed a baby? honestly? He's hungry so you feed him, that's how it works. I guess it's like my mom said, you just have to figure out what works for your baby, because every baby is different.

Here are some pictures!


He just sits and stares at the little motor part of it the entire time he's in it like he's trying to figure out how it works.
Giving daddy kisses. Matts beard tickles him so he makes the funniest faces everytime Matt kisses him.


Hanging out on Mommy's tummy.


"Mom, put the camera down"

"Mom, seriously."

I was trying to get a picture of his sleeper, it says, "Could I be any Cutier?" yes, Cutier.

I had to get some naked baby pics to show his girlfriends later :0)

Playtime!!

Hanging out with Daddy after a bath. I thought his little pose was so funny!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think with your first baby its all trial and error. You find out what works well with your family's schedule and lifestyle. And then with your second baby you know what not to do and what you want to with the next one.(my son slept in our bed with us, he breast fed until he was 1 1/2 and his bed time isnt until 10 sometimes 11)

Mary said...

Heidi, he is adorable! It can be really frustrating trying to go through all of the info that's out there. When that happens you go with your mommy gut instinct! There is really no instruction manual on babies (unfortunately sometimes!) but you know him best, remember that!

Ben and Jessica Buehner said...

How about you get it all figured out and then let me know, so I dont have to go through that :-P Just Kidding :-) I know you are doing a fantastic job with him. I would stop worrying about all the literature and follow your heart. Mommy knows whats best for her baby :-D

Kimber Bowen said...

He is too cute. He really is perfect in every way. I hear you on figuring out what to do for your baby. Everyone has there own opinion, but you know what is best for little Vic. I know you are a great mom so just keep doing what you are doing.

Andrew and Shandee said...

Wow he sure is a cutie pie. Are you still working or a stay at home mom now?

alisekelley said...

I agree with everyone else. You do what is best for your family. I love that I have my kids on a set routine. It works for me and them. Some others may not like the routine way though! He is simply adorable!

Mrs. B said...

new to your blog, those pictures are so precious! and for sure, there are *loads* of books but he only has one mama and you know what's best for him...that's why you're his! :)

Lyz said...

This is one cute baby. And I don't even know either of you!

Feel free to stop by and see my (slightly less cuter) kids!
www.modern-dayjane.blogspot.com