Thursday, February 23, 2012

Midwife appt

It went really well. They listened on the doppler for awhile and heard good variability in her heart tones, plus she was moving around like crazy the whole time so we know she's doing just fine. I will have an ultrasound and non-stress test done on Friday just as a precaution.

The other day Dorothy (one of the midwives) had mentioned that they could stretch and sweep my membranes today if I wanted to see if it helped move things along. I had to think about that. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that going into labor on my own is a BIG part of this experience for me. If they had swept my membranes and I went into labor I'd totally feel like I cheated myself by taking matters into my own hands. As long as baby and I are both healthy and doing well, then I am ok waiting for her to be ready. We're taking it one day at a time. And still hoping she comes sooner rather than later of course :-)

No comments: