Wednesday, January 18, 2012

36 Weeks



36 Weeks! It's crazy, this whole pregnancy has just gone by so fast. I've definitely got a waddle and feel a little like a whale, mostly when I'm trying to stand up or rolling over in bed. But I think at this point I'm allowed to be a little large :-) I figure that since Victor was basically 9lbs, if she is anywhere close then she's already right about 7lbs. In 2 weeks Angy said she'll try to give me a estimate, she's usually pretty close. I've only gained 23lbs this time, as opposed to my 55lbs with Victor so I'm pretty happy with that. Still have great blood pressure and am boringly normal :-) They also did my GBS test (actually, I did the swab myself, that was fun) and drew some blood to do a complete blood count. I'll get the results of that next week.

I really hope (and really I think she will) wait till after my due date to get here. I need a few more weeks to finish getting stuff done around the house and to finish mentally preparing myself!! In 6 days when I turn 37 weeks I am officially "allowed" to go into labor and birth at home. I've been telling myself all pregnancy that she won't be coming till after 41 weeks so I am totally prepared to go past the EDD. Now, because I keep saying that to everyone I'm sure she'll decide to come early. Stinker. But I need her to wait! My mom will be here in 3 weeks and then she and Victor need time to get reacquainted and comfy with each other. My next-door neighbor is fabulous and has volunteered to be my backup watching Victor in case I do go earlier than that, but I'd just rather she wait and go by MY plans. Ha! I know.

Had a great appointment today with my lovely midwives. They came to see me again, all three and they were here for about an hour and a half. Matt was here for this one and we talked through a blow-by-blow of what to expect from when I think I'm in labor to actual birthing to after-birth steps, etc. I think that really helps Matt particularly have a better idea of what to expect.

Let's see.... my birth kit arrived this morning as well, that also had my birth pool liner in it. Angy actually had the pool in her car so she went ahead and left it with me. Again, it's just crazy to me that I have all this stuff now and it's really going to happen! I remember saying before I went to the hospital for Victor "oh my gosh, I really have to do this..." and I still feel that way! But this time instead of being anxious and worried, I'm EXCITED and filled with ANTICIPATION! I honestly can't wait to go into labor and to get to experience this in a whole new way, the way I feel like I'm meant to.

1 comment:

Kimber Bowen said...

Heidi, I have to say you look amazing. I can't believe how fit you look. So skinny with just a baby belly. All I can say is AMAZING. I hope that you continue to do well and I can't wait to see your new precious bundle of joy!!!