Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tube-in it!

Hey all! It's been awhile since our last update, sorry! Here's what is going on!



Victor is officially getting tubes done. Next Friday, July the 9th we will be going in at 6:30am, surgery at 7:30 and the lady said as long as everything goes as planned we should be home with him by 9. I was hesitant to start with, but the more I've looked into it and heard good things I am really kind of looking forawrd to it. Especially since he is really difficult right now. Well, for the most part he's great, but it's sleeping that's rough on him. He doesn't like to be laid down because of the fluid in his ears so putting him to sleep is interesting. I have to wrap him up in our Moby Wrap so he's upright, and rock him that way till he falls asleep. Then I unwrap it around him (very proud of myself for being able to do that, lol!) and lay him down, propped up on pillows. If he is laid down flat he gets very uncomfortable and very restless and tugs and rubs at his ears even in his sleep. He will often wake up crying if he's not propped up enough so neither of us is getting much sleep. I'm ok with not sleeping, I just wish he felt better! So, I'm hoping that when they drain that fluid it will make it much easier for him to sleep and to stay asleep a bit longer. Not looking forward to the part where I have to hand him over to the nurse though..... Oh man.....I'm gonna cry!!!



Leave a comment and tell me about your experience with tubes!

1 comment:

Kimber Bowen said...

Heidi I hope all goes well. I just hope the little guy gets feeling better soon.