Sunday, July 4, 2010

Switchin' it up!

Look at that cute fluffy bum! After doing some math and some serious research, we decided to give cloth diapers and wipes a shot. I'm really excited about the change! Hopefully it will help get rid of the rash he's had going on and off. Also, we're going to be saving quite a bit of money AND we get to help the environment! How cool is that? I've been very concsious lately of what I'm giving him and what chemicals are in things that I clean with so I've been making a few changes. I cut up some old towels and made me a big ol rag pile so now I can just use a rag to clean things up instead of a million paper towels or baby wipes. Been trying out cleaning with vinegar and baking soda, while it feels different, it actually works pretty well! And once the vinegar is dry it doesn't smell at all. I do miss the smell that you associate with cleaning products, but I'm trying to tell myself that the ABSENCE of smell is actually BETTER for us.

They are quite a bit bulkier, but they have cute colors and patterns, plus I actually think it's cute! An article I was reading said that it might actually help a bit while he's trying to walk because he's got more padding on his bum so he it won't hurt when he falls and he won't be as scared to try. Plus when we're potty training he'll know when he's wet so he'll make the connection to wet and needing to potty faster.


It's really much easier than I thought it would be. You just tuck the cloth diaper into the diaper cover and put it on him just like a disposable.




Eating waffles, He got them all over in his hair, lol!

Yum Yum!






New Toy Story pjs. He's looks like such a big boy!!!





Such a cute smile :) Ready to take notes!




"I'm a big boy mom! I can help do the dishes too!"



"Mom. Pick me up!"
This is what he does any time I'm in the kitchen. He crawls to wherever I am and pulls himself up on my legs and won't let me go till I pick him up. Then he tries to get into the dishwasher or the fridge or the dryer... He's into everything these days!!! He has stood by himself a couple of times, for a good 30 seconds or so each time before touching something to regain his balance or slowly setting himself down. I figure I'll give it about a month and he'll be walking!! So scary, I can't beleive how fast all this is going.... he's getting sooo big!!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

wow, thats great heidi!! I hope his surgery went ok, even more so I hope your doing ok, I'd be a wreck lol!!!