Friday, July 18, 2014

32 Weeks with Baby 3!

Wow! It's been nearly 2 years since I've updated this. Whoops! So, obviously lots of stuff has been happening since the last time I posted. Matt has a new job with a distributing company and he is the Brand Sales Manager. This has been a huge benefit to our family and to him since it really gets him in the business and closer to what he'd really love to be doing someday.

Victor is 4.5, 4.75 really, he'll be 5 in just 3 months! He starts preschool next month. We're a little nervous about him starting school. A couple of months ago he started in Occupational Therapy to help with his sensory processing and food issues. There has been a little improvement in the food area, mostly just that he is more willing to play with the food and things in therapy, not that he's actually eating anything better yet, lol. He has noise cancelling headphones that we take everywhere with us for when he needs them, and I spend a lot of time calming him down in new situations and with new people. We are hoping that he gets a really understanding teacher and/or that the school system will be willing to help. But otherwise he is awesome, he keeps growing, SO fast! Such a sweet heart, he loves to cuddle and give hugs and kisses. Loves to play with his sister and wants to show her how to do everything. He loves the play school, and will sit and do activity books for EVER. He can write all his letters and numbers and do basic math problems, and word searches... He is SO ready for school, just hoping the social aspect of it goes as well.




Cadie is 2.5 now and SUCH a cheeseball! Despite my efforts to dress her fairly neutral and with a variety of colors, she has recently decided that unless her outfit is PINK and twirly "Ballet Dress!" it is not acceptable. It must also go with her pink sparkly light up sandals, her pink hello kitty purse, and pink hello kitty sunglasses. *Sigh* She'll drop whatever she's doing and yell "CHEESE!" if she even thinks you are taking her picture. Cadie loves to torture her brother. Luckily most of the time it comes across as playing and they end up tickling each other. If he (or anyone else) falls down she is quick to run over and say "Victor, you ok?" and give hugs and kisses. For the first time, just yesterday, she ran up to me and said, "I wuv u mommy." First time she has said it without me saying it first!! SUCH a wonderful feeling <3



Both kids are excited about the new baby coming. Mostly. If you ask Victor he'll say, "I'm going to be so mad when the baby comes, because it's a GIRL, and I just wanted a BOY." But he loves to rub my tummy and feel the baby kick. He loves to look at pictures of himself and Cadie when they were babies or in my tummy. He loves to look at the birth pictures from Cadie's home birth and remember what happened. I think once the baby is here and he really gets to see her, he'll be happy. Cadie loves to rub my belly too, and pretend she's a midwife, lol. They come with me to all my midwife appts, so she is always checking my tummy for a heartbeat, and checking my blood pressure, and getting a measuring tape to measure my belly... it is SO adorable and I love to see her so involved. She is obsessed with other babies and can't keep her hands off of them. We've had a few struggles with this actually. I'm going to have to be very careful when baby gets here! No leaving Cadie alone with the baby for awhile, she wants to help a little too much. But it is adorable, whenever she sees another baby she yells, "Baby!! Key-UTE!" and tries to kiss them or hug them. She carries around her own baby dolls and mothers them... SO sweet :)




And yes, I am 32 weeks pregnant now. Baby 3 is a girl (obviously) but does not have a name yet. We had a boy name ready to go, but I really struggle with girl names. I have a favorite name, but still trying to convince Matt it's the right one. I am loving my midwives even MORE this time around, if that's possible. Having gone through a birth with them already I feel even more comfortable with them than before and I think we all are going to make a great team. My appts always last at least an hour and a half cause we just sit and talk about everything. They are so very happy with my normal/low risk (aka boring, haha) pregnancy and I just love to visit with them. I am going every 2 weeks now and I'm glad because it means I get to see them more :)




(Victor actually took this picture for me, I think he did great! Of course Cadie photo bombed me because she got excited when she saw the camera, haha!)

Angy and Katherine with Scenic Drive Midwives are SO beyond amazing. I must put in a plug for them because I can never express enough how much I appreciate everything they have done for me. They are the epitome of love, kindness, empathy, and SKILL. They are both so very good at what they do.

I'll try to be better about updating from now on! We have lots of family in many different states, so we'd like to keep them all updated. We love you guys!

No comments: